How to Apply for Issuing, Renewing or Canceling Signage Licenses in Qatar. This service includes three types of signage licenses, issued by the Ministry of Municipality (MoM), which are:
- Permanent Signage: It is placed on residential buildings for identification purposes.
- Annual Signage: It is placed on the sides of shops, and it is valid for one year from the issuance date.
- Temporary Signage: It is used to advertise interim events, such as discounts and special offers, and it is valid from one day to three months.
The service enables the issuance of a signage license for any of the three types, the renewal of annual license for a year after expiry date, and the cancelation in case of annual signage licenses.
- Log in to the website of MoM using the National Authentication System (Tawtheeq).
- Open the e-services page and click on “Signage Services” under Municipalities Services.
- Fill out the targeted online form entering the details of the applicant, license holder and signage.
- Attach the required documents and submit the application.
- Pay appropriate fees.
- Signage license can be obtained immediately after payment (with the seal of the ministry and the signature of the department head included).
- In case of license loss or damage, the service enables printing a license copy or delivering it by email to the applicant.
- It is possible to follow on the requests submitted via the system and search them by the request type and number.
- The system sends a notification to the applicant via SMSs and emails to check the application status.