How to Apply for Initial Approval to Establish Local Engineering Consulting Office in Qatar. The Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee at the Ministry of Municipality (MoM) undertakes giving its initial approval to establish a local engineering consulting office. This enables the office to issue the necessary permits pertaining to the commercial license, the Visa Department, the recruitment of cadres at the office and completion of office registration procedures while banning the practice of engineering professions.
- Download and fill out the paper form, then submit it to the Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee.
- Attach the following documents:
- Letter addressed to the head of the Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee requesting initial approval, determining office category and required specialties.
- Letter issued by the Ministry of Labour stating that the office/ company owner does not work in any ministry, other government body, public authority or institution.
- Commercial registrations of office owner and partners, issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- List of candidates to work in the office.
Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee (Dafna).
- Applicant shall meet the terms specified in Articles No.17 and 18 of Law No.19 of 2005.
- Office owner acknowledges to complete the registration procedures in the offices register, in accordance with the provisions of Law No.9 of 20015.
- In case of companies, the relevant paper form shall be submitted, attaching all the required documents mentioned herein.
- MoM clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
- This service requires two days to be completed.
No fees are required for this service.