How to Request to Renew Building Permit in Qatar. Individuals, companies, institutions, government and semi-government entities may submit a request to the Development and Building Permits Section of the Technical Affairs Department at the Ministry of Municipality (MoM) via the consultant to renew a building permit, and this applies on permits issued more than a year ago, provided that more than three years have passed over the date of they were first issued in case of not starting the building execution, and excavation works are excluded from the execution process.
- Enter the homepage of the Building Permits System and click on “BP System Application” at the beginning of the main menu.
- Login to the system by entering your username, password and verification code, then click on “Login”.
- Attach the following documents upon submitting the application:
- Engineering Consulting Office Authorization (architectural)
- For individuals: Copy of QID
- For companies: Copy of commercial permit and establishment ID
- For contractors: Commercial permit
- Copy of title deed and property layout
- For industrial zones: Lease contract
- In case the title deed is subject to the Housing System: Allocation letter from the Housing Department at the Ministry of Social Development and Family.
- For government and semi-government projects: Allocation letter from the State Properties Department
- For farmers: Letter from MoM
- For maritime land: Ownership Certificate
- For desert houses: Usufruct Certificate
- Attach the following documents upon final approval:
- Pay appropriate fees and print the permit.
- After filling in the application and attaching the required documents, the application is referred to the competent municipality, and the system sends an SMS to open the request.
- In case the supervising consultant or contractor changes, new obligations and owner authorization are to be submitted along with all the required documents from the contractor or supervisor. If the construction of the building starts, a letter clarifying the accomplished work before the date of change, signed by both the old and new contractors or old and new supervisors, shall be submitted.
- MoM clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
- This service requires one day to be completed, except for the procedures of the civil defense and Qatar Railways Company (Qatar Rail).
Applicable fees are as follows:
- Permit application review: QR100
- Renewal of original permit for first time: 25% of the original fee.
- Renewal of original permit for second time: 100% of the original fee.