The IMEI (or MEID) and serial number are two forms of identification for your phone or tablet. How to find your Samsung Phone or Tablets IMEI, Model or Serial Number Easily. Just like fingerprints for people, these two numbers are different for every phone and tablet. These identifiers help ensure that your device isn’t a counterfeit and can also help you find it if it’s lost or stolen. Additionally, sometimes you may need the IMEI or serial number to redeem special promotions from Samsung.
Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, and phone model.
Ways to find the IMEI, MEID, model number, or serial number
Although the IMEI, serial number, or model number may sound complicated, viewing them is very simple. You can easily view these numbers directly on the phone or tablet. All you have to do is:
Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap About phone or About tablet.
However, there are other ways to check your IMEI or serial number. Here is a list of alternative methods you can use:
- The back of your device: The IMEI and serial number are printed in small text on the back of the device near the bottom.
- Under the battery: If you have a removable battery, look under or below the battery for the device’s IMEI or serial number.
- The packaging: The original box may list the device’s full IMEI and serial number.
- Your carrier’s website: Your account details may list the device’s IMEI and serial number.
- Bill of sale: Review your sales receipt or contract for your device’s IMEI and serial number.
- Samsung Members: If you have a Samsung account and the Samsung Members appinstalled, the serial number stored in Samsung Members is actually your phone or tablet’s IMEI number. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.oh&hl=en
- Dial *#06# on the phone to display the IMEI and serial number.Note: This only works when supported by your carrier.