How to Withdraw M-Pesa from an ATM in Tanzania. M-Pesa (M for mobile, pesa is Swahili for money) is a mobile phone-based money transfer service, payments and micro-financing service, launched in 2007 by Vodafone and Safaricom, the largest mobile network operator in Kenya. It has since expanded to Tanzania, Mozambique, DRC, Lesotho, Ghana, Egypt, Afghanistan, and South Africa. Meanwhile, services in India, Romania, and Albania have been terminated amid low market uptake. M-Pesa allows users to deposit, withdraw, transfer money, pay for goods and services (Lipa na M-Pesa), access credit and savings, all with a mobile device.
M-Pesa Agent Withdrawals in Tanzania
Withdrawal cash from M-Pesa wallet from over 106,000 agents across Tanzania
How to Withdraw M-Pesa from an ATM in Tanzania
From the Phone
- Dial *150*00# and select Withdraw Money
- Enter the agents number
- (999999 for Bank ATM)
- Enter the password
You will receive an SMS Dial
*150*00# and select withdraw MoneyEnter the agents
From the ATM
- Select M-Pesa
- Enter the 6 digits you got from the SMS
- Enter you M-Pesa phone number
- Select amount
- Take your money and your receipt
* The maximum amount to withdraw from an ATM is Tsh 400,000/=per transaction and Tsh 1,000,000/=perday.
* To upgrade your withdrawal limit to Tsh 3,000,0000/=per day visit any Vodacom shop with a copy of your valid ID
* Terms and conditions apply
Was this article helpful?