Passport Application FOR ADULTS ONLY (PERSONS OVER 18 YEARS)Pursuant to section 27(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act 2011 as read with section 12 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulation 2012, legal notice No. 64, all applicants are required to complete Form 19 (available online) as the Kenya Passport Application Form set out in the first schedule of the Regulations.
Apply for, renew or replace your passport and pay for it online, through mobile money, credit cards, debit cards or online banking. Fill in the form, print it, sign and date it, then add any other documents and photographs needed and return it for processing.
How long does it take to get a passport?
Once your form has been physically submitted to the immigration offices, It should take at least 10 working days to get your first passport. For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It may take a longer period if more information is required or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
ALL Passport applications should now be made via passport.ecitizen.go.ke. Manual applications will NOT be accepted.
How to apply
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees (refer to the table below)
- Download and print the application form and four copies of the application invoice (receipt)
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices (Nairobi – Nyayo House, Mombasa – Regional Coordinator’s Office, and Kisumu – Provincial HQs)
- Please declare ALL your children during Passport application
Requirements during submission
- Applicants MUST appear in person for Biometric Enrolment
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three invoices
- Original birth certificate and one photocopy
- Original National ID Card and one photocopy
- Three current passport size photos
- One photocopy of recommender’s ID card
- Old passport for replacement plus photocopies of its last three pages
- Photocopies of parents’ National ID cards (if available) or Death Certificates (if deceased)
- For a lost Passport, a sworn affidavit, a police abstract and an explanation letter are required
- For a mutilated Passport, an explanation letter is required to explain the circumstances of the mutilation
Kenyan Passport Fees
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|
Ensure you are using your eCitizen account to apply for your own passport. Applications applied on behalf of others will be rejected
During submission you must come with original documents and photocopies of the same
Do not book travel until you have a valid passport – doing so is at your own risk