How to set up Hide My Email on iPhone, iPad to Keep Your Personal Email Address Private. Hide My Email has been provided as a feature in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 to let you hide your personal email address and keep it private. The feature enables Apple devices to share unique, random email addresses that users can use on websites and apps asking their personal email address for signups. The random addresses help forward emails to your personal mailbox — alongside giving you the ability to delete them at any time. iPhone and iPad users can also use Hide My Email directly from Safari, Mail, and iCloud settings.
How to set up Hide My Email
Once you have iCloud+ on your iPhone or iPad, you can set up Hide My Email. Here’s how.
- Go to Settings and then tap your name from the top.
- Now, select iCloud > Hide My Email.
- Tap + Create new address. This will allow Apple to generate a random email address with @icloud.com that you can use for signing up on a new site or app, without letting the developers know your personal email address. The emails shared with the randomly-generated email address will land in your personal inbox.
- Hit Continue if you like the auto-generated random email address. Alternatively, you can tap Use different address to get a new email.
- Now, you need to create a label for your address to help you remember how you are using it in the future. You can also add a note for further reference.
- Tap Next from the top-right side.