Why Can’t I download a TV show or movie on Netflix. Not all TV shows and movies are available for download, so you may see the Download icon for some titles but not others.
If you don’t see the Download icon for any TV shows or movies, there may be a problem with your device, or downloading may not be available on your device. Follow the steps below to fix the problem.
On Android Phone or Tablet
- While in the Netflix app, tap the More button in the lower right corner.
- Select App Settings.
- Scroll down to Diagnostics and select Download.
- If you don’t see Download, continue to the next set of troubleshooting steps.
- You’ll see one of the following error codes. Select your error from the list below for specific troubleshooting steps.
If you see an error code not listed above, contact Netflix Customer Service.
Clearing app data will delete any TV shows and movies you have downloaded to the device.
- From the home screen on your device, navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- If you don’t see General, continue to the next step.
- Select Apps or Applications.
- Select Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps.
- If you don’t see these selections, continue to the next step.
- Scroll down and select Netflix.
- If you don’t see Netflix, check the Downloaded tab.
- Select Storage.
- If you don’t see Storage, continue to the next step
- Select Clear Data or Clear Storage, then OK.
- Try Netflix again.
- From the Android home screen, navigate to Settings.
- Select Apps or Apps Manager.
- Select Netflix.
- Select Permissions.
- Switch Storage to On.
- Try Netflix again.
If the above steps don’t help, downloading may not be available on your device.
On iOS Iphone, Ipad or Ipod touch
Deleting the Netflix app will also delete any TV shows or movies you have downloaded. You may need your Apple ID and password to reinstall the app.
- From your device’s home screen, tap and hold the Netflix app until it shakes.
- In the top left corner of the Netflix icon, tap the X, then tap Delete. Once deleted, press the Done or Home button to stop the shaking.
- Open the App Store and search for “Netflix.”
- Select the free Netflix app from Netflix, Inc.
- To install the app, tap the cloud icon.
- Once installed, try Netflix again. download a TV show or movie on Netflix
If you still can’t download TV shows or movies after updating the Netflix app, or if you already have the latest version of the Netflix app installed, downloading may not be available on your device.
On Windows 10 Computer or Tablet
Downloading titles on a Windows 10 computer requires the latest version of the Netflix app, and is not supported in a browser.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
- Select Settings .
- Select Update & security.
- Windows will check for updates. If it doesn’t, select Check for updates.
- Once the updates are installed, restart your computer and try Netflix again.
If no updates are found or this doesn’t fix the problem, continue below. download a TV show or movie on Netflix
To download TV shows and movies, your computer needs to be on Windows Version 1607 or higher. Follow the steps below to check your Windows version.
- Press the Windows Key on your keyboard.
- Type “About your PC”, then click About your PC.
- Under Windows specifications, check the Version number.
If the version number is below 1607, your computer may be having problems updating Windows. Contact Microsoft support or your computer manufacturer for help.
If the version number is 1607 or higher, continue below.
Was this article helpful?