Merchandisers help a company optimize their sales and profits by ensuring that retail stores and online stores are stocked with the right products in the right quantities. This may include stocking shelves, arranging and maintaining product displays, pricing products, and monitoring the store inventory. Some merchandisers also analyze sales data to identify best-selling lines and to develop promotional strategies.
Merchandisers typically need a high school diploma or GED, and often, a valid driver’s license is required to travel to the assigned stores. Since merchandisers often work closely with buyers and customers, strong communication skills and a service-oriented approach are a must.
Merchandiser Job Description Template
Here at Sample Company, we are a leader in our industry in the tri-state area. We’re proud of our 4.2 rating on Glassdoor. We are hiring a Merchandiser to join our existing top-notch team. If you’re a passionate self-starter, Sample Company is an ideal place to get ahead. Don’t hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities for Merchandiser
- Ensure that stores, shelves or websites are stocked with the right types and quantities of products
- Display, arrange, price, and rotate products in store
- Maintain store shelves by removing dated or damaged products
- Monitor store inventory based on sales and intake
- Optimize sales volume and profitability by identifying profitable lines and bestsellers
- Make recommendations for promotional strategies using sales and pricing data
- Work and communicate with buyers, suppliers, stores, and distributors
Qualifications for Merchandiser
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience working in retail or merchandising
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service
- May be required to travel to client locations (valid driver’s license may be required)
Ready to Hire a Merchandiser?
Try Job Postings
Was this article helpful?