The internet serves very many needs, it is an immense source of knowledge, entertainment and human connections. The potential for the internet to transform lives is immense yet for a majority of our customers the high cost of purchasing a smartphone has always been a barrier. Upgrade your Smart Phone with Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Initiative
Safaricom’s Lipa Mdogo Mdogo initiative aims to enable Kenyans to purchase 4G capable smartphone devices for as little as Sh20 per day. While the long-term cost of these devices exceeds the total amount required to walk in and walk out with a device, the initiative provides a level of convenience unrivaled.
For Shs 20 per day, you could own a device capable of connecting to the fastest internet broadband technologies available in the country.
Lipa Mdogo Mdogo wants an additional one million Safaricom customers to be able to upgrade to 4G-enabled devices.
That is why we have partnered with Google to introduce a smartphone device financing plan dubbed Lipa Mdogo Mdogo. This service makes it possible for customers to purchase a smartphone via manageable daily installments of Kshs 20. To access this service, dial *544# and select option 5 for Lipa Mdogo Mdogo.
To qualify for this service, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be using a 2G or 3G smartphone
- You must not be listed on CRB for pending loans
- You must have been a Safaricom customer for 1 year
Here’s how you can get a Safaricom Android Go edition for as little as Ksh.20 per day from Safaricom:
- Dial *544# from your phone.
- Lipa Mdogo Mdogo is the best option.
- Accept the terms and conditions by selecting 1 as your response.
- After approval, you should receive a text message indicating your eligibility and the value of the device you can purchase.
- You can also get more information by dialing 100.
Benefits to the target consumer
- A 4G enabled smartphone can be purchased at a reasonable price.
- To own a smartphone, the user only needs to pay a down payment of 1000KSH and then 20KSH per month for 9 months.
- Safaricom will provide free data bundles to consumers who enroll in the program.
- Nonpayment for one month automatically blacklists you with the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- If you do not pay within 7 days, your phone will be locked and you will be unable to make outgoing calls or SMS.
- There is only one brand of smartphone available, which severely limits the user’s options.
Customers who are successful in accessing the service will need to give a down payment of Kshs 500 and will have the freedom to pay the balance within 9 months. If you are consistent with your Kshs 20 payments daily, you will be able to clear the balance in 9 months. The more you pay the faster you clear your payment balance.
Remember the repayment happens while the phone is in your hands so you get to enjoy the full benefits of the internet while keeping the impact on their pockets small. This is how we are committed to transforming lives. Please add the free 1GB customer will receive at point of purchase, as well as, 100MB YouTube Bundle upon making 7days consecutive repayments.
The phone on offer is the Neon Ray Pro, which comes with 1 GB free data at the point of purchase. Upon making 7 days consecutive repayments, you will receive a free 100MB Youtube Bundle.
This 4G smartphone comes with all the Google Go apps allowing you to access apps like Gmail Go for email, YouTube Go to entertain yourself and learn, Maps Go for directions, Search Go for when you want to inquire anything from the internet. These services are all packaged with the Android Go operating system, a lighter version of Android meaning that the phone consumes less bundles and runs smoothly every day.
Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Terms and Conditions
Was this article helpful?