List of The best Building Maintenance Services in Kenya. Building maintenance includes cleaning common areas, removing trash regularly, and repairing items that are broken. It can involve inspecting, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems, heating and air conditioning systems, and other utility services.
Building maintenance includes cleaning common areas, removing trash regularly, and repairing items that are broken. It can involve inspecting, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems, heating and air conditioning systems, and other utility services.
In some cases, building maintenance extends to the outdoor property as well and includes sprinkler management, lawn care, and landscape management.
Types of building maintenance workers
Workers are typically divided by experience and responsibilities.
- Janitor: These individuals typically handle the cleaning of a building or facility. This includes mopping floors, vacuuming carpets, cleaning bathrooms, and washing windows and glass doors.
- Maintenance technician: These team members perform the inspection, repair, and maintenance of building systems including HVAC, electrical, and water. Tasks are typically assigned by work orders and maintenance workers report to supervisors who oversee their tasks.
- Maintenance Supervisor: Supervisors plan, assign, and manage a team of maintenance workers for a particular shift. They review incoming work orders as well as short- and long-term objectives to prioritize the maintenance department’s work for the day or week. Maintenance supervisors also handle personnel issues such as interviewing, hiring, and training maintenance workers.
Example of building maintenance
A building maintenance department handles all the systems, repairs, and ongoing tasks to keep a facility running each and every day. Often, other employees of the business take much of the maintenance team’s work for granted. They simply expect that the building will be kept clean, the snow will be removed in the winter, and the air conditioning will be on in the heat of the summer.
An apartment complex is one example of a business that has varying needs. Management requires regular lawn and landscape care of the property as well as cleaning and repairing units as residents move in and out. Residents themselves initiate work orders with appliance repair requests or pest control problems. Common areas also require cleaning.
Organizations that use building maintenance
- Businesses: Just about every business requires building maintenance services. Smaller organizations tuck these responsibilities under general operations and outsource services themselves. Larger businesses maintain an in-house maintenance department to manage these needs.
- Residential complexes: Apartment or condominium complexes maintain a team of building maintenance workers to inspect, repair, and manage all the indoor and outdoor maintenance needs of the entire complex.
- Government: Municipalities utilize building maintenance teams to ensure city buildings, post offices, and libraries are in good working order to serve the needs of the public.
Building maintenance certifications and training
Workers can apply for various certifications to increase their skills and advance their careers.
- Building Systems Maintenance Certifications: Offered by BOMI International, an independent institute for property and facility management, this certificate is recommended for those who maintain building systems. The certification covers efficient energy management, HVAC, plumbing, and water treatment topics.
- Building Operator Certification: Offered through a network of approved providers, this certification provides level one and level two training. Topics covered include energy management, electrical distribution, control point management, and HVAC.
- HVACR Certification: Apprenticeships through the Associated Builders and Contractors and the National Association of Home Builders help maintenance workers achieve HVACR certification. Candidates are tested on their knowledge about heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and radiation.
Building maintenance news and resources
- International Facilities Management Association: IFMA is the largest association for facility management professionals and provides a wealth of knowledge and resources for professionals. Publications such as FMJ Magazine and Wire newsletter keep members up to date on the latest developments and a knowledge library provides a great deal of information. Networking directories are available as well.
- Association for Facilities Engineering: AFE is a professional organization that provides resources for all professionals working in the “built environment.” Professional development opportunities, local chapters, and an association newsletter provide excellent sources of information for building maintenance professionals
List of The best Building Maintenance Services in Kenya
Arrow Cleaning Services, Nairobi
Lotus Plaza, Chiromo Lane, Nairobi
Arrow Facilities Management ltd is a fully integrated FM / cleaning company in Nairobi, Kenya that provides comprehensive, high quality
Bestcare Facilities Management Services, Nairobi
Mpaka Plaza, Mpaka Road, Nairobi
Bestcare Facilities Management Ltd is a dynamic company providing professional Facilities Management services.
Hurricane Facility Management, Westlands
Hurricane Services Kenya Ltd Leomar Court, 45 Westlands Road
P.O. Box 73029-00200, Nairobi
Hurricane Services Ltd(HSL) is a registered business in Kenya that specializes.
PDM (Holdings) Limited, Nairobi
IPS Building, 12th floor Kimathi Street, Nairobi
PDM is an East African real estate company that has pioneered innovative developments in Kenya for over 50 years
Carelect Enterprises, Westlands
Westlands Road Telephone Number: 0740029008
Incorporated in 1994, Villa Care has made its presence strongly felt in the Kenyan property market and can with certainty declare itself a market leader. Location: 6th flr, New Rehema Hse, Rhapta Rd, Westlands. Contact: 0722 512803
Double Infinity Company Limited, Nairobi
P.O Box 36605-00200
Jasban Cleaning and pest control in Nairobi, Nairobi
Coffee Plaza, 7th Floor, Nairobi
Jasban is one Reliable, efficient, affordable and yet professional cleaning and pest control services in town
Myfundi Kenya, Nairobi
Established in March 1998, Knight Frank Kenya (KFK) works closely with Knight Frank Tanzania and Knight Frank Uganda that cements the Knight Frank groups expanding Central and South African interests. Location: Westlands – Kenya Headquarters Lion Place Ground Floor Waiyaki Way, Nairobi Contact: +254 20 4239000
Steco maintenance, Nairobi
Nairobi Telephone Number: 0712590284
STECO Maintenance is contruction company that deals with home renovation, interior design, electrical repairs,plumbing,cctv and TV installations.
Traca Management Services Ltd, Nairobi
Rattansi Educational Trust Bldng along Koinange Street,1st Floor, Room No.3,South Wing.
We are a reputable Real Estate & Property Management company .
- Telephone Number: 0794 263550
- Telephone Number 2: 0708103127
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lloyd Masika Limited is a leading Registered Valuation and Estate Agency firm, providing professional valuation and estate agent services in Kenya. It has been established since 1979 and is structured in three main departments, which are complimentary in the provision of services. Location: Norfolk Tower, No 68 Kijabe Street, Nairobi Phone: +254 (0)722 481 504, (0)733 597 050
Eastwing Investments Ltd, Nairobi
Room 4, 1st Floor, Tena Estate, Stellar Building, Nairobi
Max Home Repairs and Property Management Ltd, Nairobi
Building Maintenance Services in Kenya Devan Plaza, Nairobi – Telephone Number: 0746749269
Norwich Union Properties Ltd, Nairobi
P.O Box 56621-00100 Nairobi
Norwich Union House
8TH Floor, Management Office
Mama Ngina street, opp. Hilton Hotel
Mist Cool Africa Limited, Nairobi
Enkei Centre, Ngara Road, Nairobi
We supply and install the equipment constituting a mechanical ventilation system as a whole being the Kenya leading Mechanical Ventilation Services
Building Maintenance Services in Kenya. HassConsult offers property management services which involve rental collection and maintenance of building units, as well as facilities management which involves administration of service charge accounts and management of common areas and facilities within projects. Location: ABC Place, Waiyaki Way. Contact: 0709 479 479 / 0709 479 000
Microscope Services & Maintenance, Nairobi
Ground Floor, Kiambaa Properties Cooperative building, Ngara Road, Nairobi
Building Maintenance Services in Kenya. Azizi Realtors is a Sales, letting & Property management company that provides portfolio analysis and property management, both on a short-term basis during the marketing and disposition period, and a long-term basis in the marketing and management of investment and retail properties. Location: Lavington Green Shopping Centre James Gichuru Road Contact: +254703790095
Hygiene maintenance services Kenya, Nairobi
Dagia Plaza, 2nd Floor, Off Kweria Road, Nairobi
Provision of pest control, cleaning and sanitation services to individual clients, private houses and corporate premises.
Gimco Limited, Nairobi
Gimco Centre, Kiambere Road, Nairobi
Building Maintenance Services in Kenya. Tysons Limited has been a player in the Real Estate Sector in Kenya and the East African Region since 1923 when it was founded by Mr George A. Tyson. Phone: +254 20 222 2011, +254 722 207 403 Address: First floor, Jubilee Insurance Hse, Wabera Street, Nairobi Kenya
Zuripo Property Specialists, Nairobi
Garden Estate New Garden Estate Road Telephone Number: 0792262000
Ngara Road Telephone Number: 0719 400025
The Pam Golding Properties Kenya office opened for trading in January 2012. Location: Fortis Tower, Westlands, Nairobi. Contact: +254 20 237 0090
M & M Construction Consultants, Nairobi
Golf View – Muthaiga
7th Floor Suite B7(Ii) Wambui Road
Off Kiambu Road Or Off Thika Road
P.O. Box 4677 – 00506
M&M Construction Consultants is a Building
Building Services in Nairobi, Nairobi
Jabavu Lane, Nairobi
PEP CONTRACTORS is a leading national construction company successfully delivering projects across Kenya and beyond. The company was established in 2010.
Building Maintenance Services in Kenya Crystal Valuers Ltd offers professional services in Valuation of land, buildings, furniture, plant, and machinery. The firm also specializes in Management, Selling and Letting of properties and Consultancy services in matters properties. Location: Bruce House, 4th floor, Standard Street, Nairobi Contact: 020-3312023/4, 020-3312308, 0721 297 100, 0733 714 297
Was this article helpful?