An ultraviolet (UV) disinfection system prevents bacteria, viruses, parasites, and cysts from causing waterborne illnesses in your home. While city water treatment kills bacteria by the addition of chemicals, UV systems deactivate microorganisms without altering the composition of the treated water. UV systems work by subjecting water to a wavelength of UV light that deactivates the DNA of microorganisms. Without a UV system or an equivalent treatment method, your well water may not be safe to drink, cook with, or bathe in.
UV disinfection systems deactivate: