This article provides the system requirements for Autodesk® DWG TrueView™ 2019. Free DWG viewing including cloud files. 30-day trial to create and edit. Use familiar AutoCAD drafting tools online in a simplified interface, with no installation required. System requirements for Autodesk DWG TrueView 2019. Bring teams together to review and edit CAD drawings via quick collaboration with AutoCAD users on designs.
What is DWG?
DWG refers to two different but related things:
- A file format (.dwg)
- A technology environment (DWG) in many Autodesk CAD software products
The native file format for AutoCAD data files is .dwg. It contains all the pieces of information a user enters, such as:
- Geometric data
The .dwg file format is one of the most commonly used design data formats, found in nearly every design environment. It signifies compatibility with AutoCAD technology. Autodesk created .dwg in 1982 with the launch of its first version of AutoCAD software.
DWG technology environment
Autodesk® DWG TrueView™ software is a free* stand-alone DWG™ viewer. Built on the same viewing engine as AutoCAD® software, DWG TrueView enables you to view the latest DWG and DXF™ files, just as you would in AutoCAD. requirements for Autodesk DWG TrueView 2019
By also installing the free* Autodesk® Design Review software, you can then open DWG files in Design Review to take advantage of powerful measure and markup capabilities, sheet set organization, and status tracking.
DOWNLOAD AUTODESK NOW
- Facilitate collaboration—Share AutoCAD drawings easily and accurately.
- Measure accurately—Take accurate distance and area measurements.
- Integrate with Autodesk Design Review—View and plot DWG and DXF™ files, then publish as DWF files for quick, easy review and markup in Autodesk Design Review.
- Work with AutoCAD 2011 files—Get support for files created from the most current AutoCAD DWG file format.
- Convert drawings to other AutoCAD versions—Use the included DWG TrueConvert™ DWG version converter to convert drawings in newer versions of AutoCAD to older versions, and vice versa.
* Free products subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies download of the software.
** Not all AutoCAD features are available in AutoCAD 360.
System requirements for Autodesk DWG TrueView 2019
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Update KB2919355
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1
Note: DWG TrueView 2019 is not supported on the 32-bit version of Windows 10.
Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
1920 x 1080 with True Color, and 125% Desktop Scaling (120 DPI) or less recommended
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
3840 x 2160 with True Color (Windows 10 64-bit and capable display card)
Installation 6 GB
.NET Framework Version 4.7
Additional Requirements for large datasets
16 GB RAM or more
6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements
1920 x 1080 or greater True Color video display adapter; 128 MB VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card.
Note: 64-bit Operating Systems are recommended if you are working with large datasets.
Was this article helpful?