Late registration of births is highly discouraged. However, if not registered, you are required to fill and submit the registration form in person at a Civil Registration Department office near you. Requirements for Late registration of birth in Kenya
A child born in Kenya should be registered for a birth certificate immediately after birth or 6 months after. One can do so at eCitizen Portal, at Huduma Centre or at the District Birth and Death Registries.
KENYANS WITHOUT IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
If you were born in Kenya but have never held a Kenyan passport or ID card or only have a recently issued Kenyan birth certificate, you cannot apply for a Kenyan passport or be issued a Travel Document by the Embassy.
Requirements to get this service include the following;
1. Clinic card/ antenatal card/birth notification
2. Religious Certificate
3. ID’s for both parents/Death Certificate if parents are deceased
4. School leaving certificates/ letter from the school
5. ID cards for adult applicants (over 18years)
6. Any other document as may be requested by the registrar Late registration of birth in Kenya
Persons who qualify for this service include:
1. Parents/ guardians of a newly born baby
2. Rescue centers/ children’s homes taking charge of the child
3. Individual adults themselves