Certificates of identity are emergency travel documents issued to Ugandans and non-Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents in emergency situations. Requirements for Certificates Of Identity in Uganda.
They are issued at Foreign Missions, Border points, Regional Passport Centers, Headquarters Immigration Offices.
- National ID for Ugandans
- Duly filled Application Form.
- Attach 2 passport size photos.
- Attach covering letter from Area LC.
- In the case of applications by non-nationals, applicant should justify why he/she doesn’t have or can’t obtain their national travel document.
- Attach travel booking or itinerary.
- Payment of UGX 40,000 fee.
- Validity of Certificates of Identity is up to 2 years. Applications for this Travel Documents shall be made personally at the designated Passport Office referred to in 11.6.
Was this article helpful?