Pioneer Assurance Company Limited, formally known as Pioneer General Assurance Society Limited was established in the year 1930 as the very first company in Kenya to insure Africans. The Company’s registered office is situated at Pioneer House along Moi Avenue.
Over the years the Company has continued to serve Kenyans with excellence and provide financial security and peace of mind. It has stood strong to provide Insurance services in Kenya regardless of the many economic changes and difficulties that the country has gone through.
Pioneer Assurance Company Ltd has been in existence for over 80 years. It has been serving the needs of the Kenyan market by providing individual life, group life & pensions and medlife insurance products. The company is committed to excellence in the market and it continues to play an important role in defining the standards of customer care in the sector. Its key strengths are its long history in the region indication that it has a deep understanding of the local market, and its commitment to excellence in the delivery of its services.
Pioneer Assurance offers the following Insurance Covers;
I) Individual Life Policies
• Jawabu Plan
• School Fees Plus Policy
• Mavuno Policy
• Ekeza Policy
• Family Master Plan Policy
• Hazina Policy
• Income Guard Policy
• Super Investor Policy
• Endowment Policy
• Pioneer School Fees Policy
II) General Insurance
• Domestic Package
• Marine Insurance
• Travel Insurance
• Motor Product
• Personal Accident
• Fire and Allied Perils
• Public Liability
• Employers Liability
• All Risks
III) Group Life Policies
• Group Life Assurance
• Group Credit Assurance
• Group Last Expense
• Micro Insurance
• Mortgage Protection
IV) Occupational Pension Scheme
V) Pension and Annuities
• Individual Pension Plan
• Umbrella Pension Scheme
• Occupation Pension Scheme
Pioneer General Insurance Limited is a member of Association of Kenyan Insurers and The Insurance Regulatory Authority of Kenya
Pioneer Assurance Company Limited Branches and Contacts
Pioneer Assurance Head Office Address
Pioneer Assurance Ltd
Pioneer House,7th Floor,Moi Avenue.
P.O. Box 20333,Nairobi,Kenya
Tel: +254 20 7220000
Pioneer General Ltd
Pioneer House,6th Floor,Moi Avenue.
P.O. Box 20333,Nairobi,Kenya
Tel: +254 20 7220000
Pioneer Assurance THIKA BRANCH:
Thika Arcade 3rd Floor,
P.O BOX 2562-01000
Pioneer Assurance MOMBASA BRANCH
TSS Towers 4th, Floor
P.O BOX 81029-80100
Pioneer Assurance MALINDI BRANCH
P.O BOX 5101-80200
Pioneer Assurance VOI BRANCH
4th Floor Bazaar Street, Opp.Tamasha Deport
Tel: 020 2603580
Pioneer Assurance MERU BRANCH
Meru Mwalimu Plaza 2nd Floor,Gakoromone Rd.
P.O BOX 913-60200
Pioneer Assurance MACHAKOS BRANCH
Mbolu Maru Road,
P.O BOX 477-90100
Pioneer Assurance NAIROBI BRANCH 3
Tel: 020 3349771
Pioneer Assurance EMBU BRANCH
NEXT TO NSSF
Tel: 020 8028446
Pioneer Assurance NAIROBI 2
7th Floor Kimathi Street
Pioneer Assurance KISUMU BRANCH
Oginga Odinga Street,
P.O BOX 900-40100
Pioneer Assurance NYERI BRANCH
P.O BOX 700-10100
Pioneer Assurance ELDORET BRANCH
Tel:053 – 2030578
P.O BOX 7185-30100,
Pioneer Assurance KITALE BRANCH
Pioneer Assurance NAKURU OFFICE
Pioneer Assurance BUNGOMA BRANCH
1st Floor,Ebenezer house
P.O BOX 476-50200
Pioneer Assurance HOMABAY BRANCH
P.O BOX 436-40300
Pioneer Assurance NAIROBI BRANCH
Tel:020 7220182 / 020 2045502
P.O. BOX 20333-00200
Pioneer Assurance KERICHO BRANCH
Chai Ndege Cooperative House 3rd Floor,
Along Main Highway
Pioneer Assurance KITALE OFFICE
Here are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions in Life Assurance and Grouplife
- Policy document – Evidence of Contract
- Endorsement – a written or spoken statement confirming changes in a policy.
- Reversionary bonus– A bonus added to the sum assured (or basic sum assured) of a with profits life assurance policy out of a life company’s surplus profits.
- With profits policy– is an insurance contract that participates in the profits of a life insurance company.
- Sum Assured – amount payable on happening of the contingency assured against</li>
- Assured – Party entitled to receive money under an assurance contract on the happening of stated event
- Assurer – the office that agrees to pay money to another party on the happening of insured event
- Who can Join A pension Plan Any kenyan above the age of 18years whether employed or in self employment.
- Who can Join Heshima Mpango Poa An individual over the age of 18 years can join and cover his/her family.
- Who pays for premiums for Group Life cover The employer is responsible for paying premiums.
- Group Life benefits Documentation > Death Certificate.
> Burial Permit.
> National Identification card/ Surrender of ID-Deceased.
> National Identification card – Payees or Birth Certificates if Minors
> A letter from the Provincial Administration ( Chief)
> ATM/ BANK DETAILS FOR ALL PAYEES (Indicate your correct account number, Account branch and your Mobile
- Group Life Disability Documentation > All doctors reports.
> For all these medical reports please include all doctors reports, doctors notes, X ray reports, Discharge summaries and any other medical
report that regards your injury/disability.
> Abstract /P3 forms. In case of an accident.
> National Identification card.
> BANK DETAILS – ATM (Indicate your correct account number, Account branch and your Mobile phone number).
Was this article helpful?