After teasing for days, OPPO has finally launched the OPPO K9s on 20th October 2021 in China. It is the third model in the OPPO K9 series of smartphones after OPPO K9 and OPPO K9 Pro. The phone comes with a 6.59-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2412 pixels at a pixel density of 401 pixels per inch (ppi).Oppo K9s comes with 6GB of RAM. The Oppo K9s runs Android 11 and is powered by a 4880mAh battery.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Oppo K9s on the rear packs a triple camera setup featuring a 64-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.7 aperture; an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture, and a 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture. It has a single front camera setup for selfies, featuring a 16-megapixel sensor with an f/2.0 aperture. “OPPO K9s，极速游戏芯，我好强啊 | OPPO 中国” (OPPO2021) <https://www.oppo.com/cn/smartphones/series-k/k9s/> accessed October 24, 2021.
The Oppo K9s runs ColorOS 11.2 is based on Android 11 and packs 128GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card. The Oppo K9s is a dual-SIM mobile that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Oppo K9s measures 164.43 x 75.88 x 8.52mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 199.00 grams. It was launched in Magic Purple Quicksand, Neon Silver Sea, and and Obsidian Warrior (translated) colours.
Connectivity options on the Oppo K9s include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, GPS, Bluetooth v5.20, USB OTG, and USB Type-C. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
Last but not least, the OPPO K9s measures around 164.43 x 75.88 x 8.52mm in dimensions, weighs 199g, and arrives in the following three color options.
- Obsidian Warrior (Black)
- Neon Silver Sea (Silver)
- Magic Purple Quicksand (Purple)
Oppo K9s Specifications
||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / CDMA2000 / LTE / 5G
||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
||HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
||1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 19, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
||1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
||2021, October 20
||Coming soon. Exp. release 2021, October
||164.4 x 75.9 x 8.5 mm (6.47 x 2.99 x 0.33 in)
||199 g (7.02 oz)
||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
||IPS LCD, 120Hz, 480 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM)
||6.59 inches, 104.5 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
||1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
||Android 11, ColorOS 11.2
||Qualcomm SM7325 Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
||Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670)
||128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
||64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
||LED flash, HDR, panorama
||4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
||16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
||5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
||USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
||Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
||Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
||Fast charging 30W
||Black, Silver, Aurora
Disclaimer. Nyongesa Sande can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
- The K9s is bigger than both with its 6.59” display. Unlike the other two, this is an IPS LCD (instead of AMOLED). It has 120 Hz refresh rate (matching the Pro) and 240 Hz touch sampling rate, 1080p+ resolution and “Panda Glass” protection. No HDR support, though it does cover 100% of the DCI-P3 color space (and 96% of NTSC). The panel’s brightness peaks at 600 nits.
- The move to LCD necessitated that the fingerprint reader moves to the side of the phone. The 16 MP selfie camera is mostly the same as on the Pro, save for the brighter aperture of f/2.0. The rear camera, meanwhile, is essentially the same as before. It starts with a 64 MP main camera with a 26 mm f/1.7 lens. This one can record 4K video at 30 fps (with electronic stabilization). Next up is the 120º ultra wide-angle camera and, finally, a 2 MP macro camera.
- Has A Responsive Touch Screen Capacitive, MultiTouch Touch Displays offer a more interactive experience.
- No FM Radio
- Holding Heavy weight phones for long time will make your arms tired.
- No Memory Card Support Memory cards give your device more storage capacity. So you can store more songs, photos and videos.
- Doesn't Have A Compass Compass Determines direction facing relative to North, East, West and South.
Was this article helpful?