Ngara Girls’ High School is a girls’ secondary boarding school in Nairobi, Kenya. It opened in January 1957 as a mixed-sex secondary school for Indian-Kenyan students. It served Nairobi neighborhoods of Ngara and Parklands.
In 1962, male students were transferred out, making the school girls’ only; boys who previously attended the school began attending Highway Secondary School in South B, Nairobi.
The school opened to students of all races after 1964, when racial segregation in schooling ended.
In 2004, the school’s boarding facilities opened. The funding came from a 1996 Community Development Trust Fund (CDTF) grant.
- Margaret Kobia
- Jamila Mohamed
- G. Wanyoko – member, Parliament of Kenya
- Lucy Kimunya – accountant
- JESSICA MUTHEU
Was this article helpful?