This is a List of Elected MCAs in Tharaka Nithi County 2022-2027. The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) registered 231,932 voters in the fifteen wards and 34 voters in prison in Tharaka Nithi county, for the August 9 2022 general election. The voters registered in prisons could only vote in the presidential election.
Onesmus Muthomi Njuki (United Democratic Alliance (UDA)) was re-elected governor of Tharaka Nithi county in the August 9, 2022 election. Muisrael Nyagah Derebia (UDA) was elected deputy governor.
Njuki defeated five other candidates, receiving 97,608 (61%) of the valid votes cast. His closest challenger was Erastus Nyaga Njoka (Jubilee Party (JP)) with 58,152 (36%) votes. 70% turnout for the gubernatorial election in Tharaka Nithi, as per provisional IEBC results.
MCA Salaries in Kenya
According to a recent gazette notice by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC), an MCA earns a salary of Ksh 144,375 per month. This includes a basic salary of Ksh 86,625, a house allowance of Ksh 45,000 and a market adjustment of Ksh 12,750.
|MCA Salaries in Kenya|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 86,625|
|House Allowance||Ksh 45,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 12,750|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 144,375|
Here is a List of Elected MCAs in Tharaka Nithi County 2022-2027
296. Mitheru – Nevert Ntwiga (The Service Party (TSP))
297. Muthambi – Morris Maugu Gitonga (UDA)
298. Mwimbi – Jones Kinegeni Kabii (UDA)
299. Ganga – Lysbeth Gatiria Mbae (Independent)
300. Chogoria – Frankline Mawira Nyaga (Independent)
Chuka / Igambang’ombe
301. Mariani – Anita Karimi Mbae (UDA)
302. Karingani – Godfrey Murithi Muchiri (UDA)
303. Magumoni – Justin Kithinji S. Nderi (UDA)
304. Mugwe – Jacob Murimi Ndeke Kiriko (TSP)
305. Igambang’ombe – Joseph Njeru John (UDA)
306. Gatunga – Salvestas Kanyaru Mugao (Independent)
307. Mukothima – Luke Nyagah Njeru Marengo (UDA)
308. Nkondi – Kithuka Gitonga Leonard (UDA)
309. Chiakariga – Joseph Kinyua Njagi (UDA)
310. Marimanti – Kennedy Kamunyu (UDA)