This is a List of Elected MCAs in Marsabit County 2022-2027. The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) registered 166,912 voters in the twenty wards and 32 voters in prisons in Marsabit county, for the August 9 2022 general election. The voters registered in prisons could only vote in the presidential election.
Mohamud Mohamed Ali (United Democratic Movement (UDM)) was elected governor of Marsabit county in the August 9, 2022 election. Solomon Gubo Riwe (UDM) was elected deputy governor.
Mohamud M. Ali defeated five other candidates, receiving 38,803 (34%) of the valid votes cast. His closest challengers were Francis Chachu Ganya (Kenya African National Union (KANU)), with 28,279 (25%) votes and Sunya Orre (Amani National Congress (ANC)) with 21,774 (19%) votes. 69% turnout for the gubernatorial election in Marsabit, as per provisional IEBC results.
MCA Salaries in Kenya
According to a recent gazette notice by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC), an MCA earns a salary of Ksh 144,375 per month. This includes a basic salary of Ksh 86,625, a house allowance of Ksh 45,000 and a market adjustment of Ksh 12,750.
|MCA Salaries in Kenya|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 86,625|
|House Allowance||Ksh 45,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 12,750|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 144,375|
Here is a List of Elected MCAs in Marsabit County 2022-2027
221. Butiye – Dida Omar Apicha (United Democratic Alliance (UDA))
222. Sololo – John Huka Boru (Forum for Restoration of Democracy – Kenya (FORD-Kenya))
223. Heillu Manyatta – Siba Haila Michal (Orange Democratic Movement (ODM))
224. Golbo – Adi Edin Dida (KANU)
225. Moyale Township – Mohamed Issack Ibrahim (United Party of Independent Alliance (UPIA))
226. Uran – Halkano Konso Ali (UDA)
227. Obbu – Halkano Sora Rare (UDM)
228. Dukana – Adano Boru (UPIA)
229. Maikona – Buke Yattani Diba (UPIA)
230. Turbi – Huka Mamo Galgallo (Jubilee Party (JP))
231. North Horr – Tura Elema Ruru (KANU)
232. Illeret – James Korie Haile (UDM)
233. Sagante Jaldesa – Amos Wako Guyo (UDA)
234. Karare – Joseph Admen Leruk (UPIA)
235. Marsabit Central – Jacob Elisha Godana (UPIA)
236. Loiyangalani – Daniel Musa Emojo (UDA)
237. Kargi / South Horr – Christopher Matahdere Ogom (UDM)
238. Korr / Ngurunit – Daud Tamagot (JP)
239. Logologo – Bernard Leakono Leakono (UPIA)
240. Laisamis – Daniel Ltinyilan Burcha (JP)
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande