This is a List of Elected MCAs in Kirinyaga County 2022-2027. The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) registered 376,001 voters in the twenty wards and 136 voters in prisons in Kirinyaga county, for the August 9 2022 general election. The voters registered in prisons could only vote in the presidential election.
Anne Mumbi Waiguru (United Democratic Alliance (UDA)) was elected governor of Kirinyaga county in the August 9, 2022 election. David Githanda Wachira (UDA) was elected deputy governor.
Waiguru defeated seven other candidates, receiving 113,088 (44%) of the valid votes cast. Her closest challenger was Purity Wangui Ngirici (Independent) with 105,677 (41%) votes. 69% turnout for the gubernatorial election in Kirinyaga, as per provisional IEBC results.
MCA Salaries in Kenya
According to a recent gazette notice by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC), an MCA earns a salary of Ksh 144,375 per month. This includes a basic salary of Ksh 86,625, a house allowance of Ksh 45,000 and a market adjustment of Ksh 12,750.
|MCA Salaries in Kenya|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 86,625|
|House Allowance||Ksh 45,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 12,750|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 144,375|
Here is a List of Elected MCAs in Kirinyaga County 2022-2027
496. Mutithi – Jinaro Namu Njamumo (UDA)
497. Kangai – James Njiru Wambu (UDA)
498. Thiba – Joseph Kiragu Muthura (The Service Party (TSP))
499. Wamumu – Peter Gitonga Njiru (Jubilee Party (JP))
500. Nyangati – Kenneth Mwendia Ndambiri (UDA)
501. Murinduko – Charles Nyamu Nyaga (TSP)
502. Gathigiriri – Benson Waweru Ngahu (UDA)
503. Tebere – Peter Muthii Karinga (UDA)
504. Kabare – Isaiah Muriithi Mbogo (UDA)
505. Baragwi – David Munyi Mathenge (UDA)
506. Njukiine – Timothy Kariuki Kathuri (UDA)
507. Ngariama – Daniel Muriithi Mbungu (UDA)
508. Karumandi – Caroline Wanjiku Muriithi (UDA)
509. Mukure – Thomas Mwangi Muriuki (UDA)
510. Kiine – Geoffrey Murimi Gakuru (UDA)
511. Kariti – Jeremiah Makimi Kariuki (UDA)
512. Mutira – David Kinyua Wangui (UDA)
513. Kanyekini – Waziri Moses Migwi Maina (UDA)
514. Kerugoya – Eric Muriithi Muchina (UDA)
515. Inoi – Fredrick Maina Karimi (UDA)