This is a List of Elected MCAs in Embu County 2022-2027. The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) registered 334,302 voters in the twenty wards and 382 voters in prisons in Embu county, for the August 9 2022 general election. The voters registered in prisons could only vote in the presidential election.
Cecily Mutitu Mbarire (United Democratic Alliance (UDA)) was elected governor of Embu county in the August 9, 2022 election. Justus Kinywa Mugo (UDA) was elected deputy governor.
Mbarire defeated three other candidates, receiving 108,610 (50%) of the valid votes cast. Her closest challenger was Lenny Maxwell Kivuti (Devolution Empowerment Party (DEP)) with 105,246 (48%) votes. 66% turnout for the gubernatorial election in Embu, as per provisional IEBC results.
MCA Salaries in Kenya
According to a recent gazette notice by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC), an MCA earns a salary of Ksh 144,375 per month. This includes a basic salary of Ksh 86,625, a house allowance of Ksh 45,000 and a market adjustment of Ksh 12,750.
|MCA Salaries in Kenya|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 86,625|
|House Allowance||Ksh 45,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 12,750|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 144,375|
Here is a List of Elected MCAs in Embu County 2022-2027
311. Ruguru Ngandori – Harrison Sammy Muturi (Independent)
312. Kithimu – Julius Njagi Karuri (UDA)
313. Nginda – Maurice Macharia Kithinji (UDA)
314. Mbeti North – Peter Muriithi Nyaga (UDA)
315. Kirimari – Ibrahim Swaleh (UDA)
316. Gaturi South – Fredrick Mugendi Gatumu (Chama Cha Kazi)
317. Gaturi North – Paul Muchangi Njiru (National Alliance Rainbow Coalition Kenya (NARC-Kenya))
318. Kagaari South – Susan Wairimu Nyaga (UDA)
319. Central – Edwin Muriithi Njiru (The Service Party (TSP))
320. Kagaari North – Johnson Muchangi Njuki (UDA)
321. Kyeni North – Terry C. Wanja Mbuchi (UDA)
322. Kyeni South – Barbanas Njama Kanyua (UDA)
323. Mwea – Job Itumo Munyambu (Party of National Unity (PNU))
324. Makima – Philip Kinyutu Nzangi (Wiper Democratic Movement (WDM))
325. Mbeti South – Murithi Njagi Kiura (Jubilee Party (JP))
326. Mavuria – John Ngari Mbaka (DEP)
327. Kiambere – Masters Leonard Mwaniki Muriuki (DEP)
328. Nthawa – Samuel Njeru Githumbu (DEP)
329. Muminji – Newton Kariuki Ndwiga (DEP)
330. Evurore – Duncan Ireri Mbui (Independent)
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande