The Malindi Museum is a museum located in Malindi, Kenya. The museum features temporary exhibits including famous Malindi Coelacanth.
The museum is located in the two story building dating from 1891 also known as House of Columns. It has terraced roof and veranda and for many years served as the first hospital of Malindi. On the east facade there is a colonnade featuring five round pillars. The architecture of the building is similar to that of the former Malindi District Commissioner building erected in 1890. In 1999 the House of Columns was transferred to the National Museum of Kenya and a restoration opened in 2004 as museum.
two story building dating from 1891 also known as House of Columns
The Malindi District Commissioner building has been housing Ethnographic Museum of coastal Kenya since 2009.
Permission to use quotations from any article is granted subject to appropriate credit of the source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on Nyongesa Sande. However, reproducing any content on this site without explicit permission is strictly prohibited.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Disclaimer: We aim to present the most accurate information possible. Through this website, you might link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites. Inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them. All content on this website is copyright to the website’s owner and all rights are reserved. We take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.