Lukenya University was Founded in 2013, as a successor institution to the Lukenya schools, (Est.1992) by the Family of the Late Justice Kasanga Mulwa, and wholly owned and run by the L.U trust.
It’s a private sponsored University duly accredited and registered by the GOVERNMENT OF KENYA, via the COMMISON FOR UNIVERSITY EDUCATION through award of Letter of Interim Authority on 2015.
We are located in Mtito Andei, Kibwezi District of Makueni County in Kenya, east Africa. Set along the banks of the Athi River and neighboring the Tsavo East National Park. We are 270kms from Nairobi and 240kms from Mombasa off the A103 HIGHWAY.
We aim to be the best residential university in East Africa, by offering a wonderful learning experience for our students and faculty. We offer programs in undergraduate, diplomas and certificates levels at our main campus.
Lukenya University is duly accredited by the Government of Kenya through the Commission for University Education (CUE).
Lukenya University is a successor institution of the Lukenya Schools founded in 1992.
Programs and courses
Certificate (21 courses)
- Certificate in Primary Teacher Education(P1)
- Certificate in General Agriculture(General Agriculture)
- Certificate in Information Communication Technology(ICT)
- Certificate in Agriculture(Agriculture)
- Certificate in Food and Beverage(Food and Beverage)
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education(ECDE)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Development)()
- Bachelor of Science (Dry LandAgriculture and EnterpriseDevelopment)(Agriculture and Enterprise Development)
- Bachelor of Science in Dryland Agriculture(Dryland Agriculture)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry(Chemistry)
Diploma ( courses)
- Diploma in Agriculture(Agriculture)
- Diploma in Human Resource Management(Human Resource Management)
- Diploma in Business Management(Business Management)
- Diploma in Building and Construction(Building and Construction)
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management(Supply Chain Management)
Masters (2 courses)
- Master of Education in Educational Administration and Planning()
- Master of Arts in Geography(Geography)
Post Graduate Diploma (2 courses)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education(Education)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education(Education)
Faculties and Schools
- School of Education.
- School of Pure and Applied Sciences.
- School of Business.
- School of Social Sciences.