List of Current IEBC commissioners 2021. The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) is an independent regulatory agency that was founded in 2011 by the Constitution of Kenya. The Commission is responsible for conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by the Constitution, and any other elections as prescribed by an Act of Parliament. It was created in a provision of the 2010 constitution and the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission Act. Its mandate includes “the continuous registration of voters and revision of the voter’s roll, the delimitation of constituencies and wards, the regulation of political parties process, the settlement of electoral disputes, the registration of candidates for elections, voter education, the facilitation of the observation, monitoring and evaluation of elections, the regulation of money spent by a candidate or party in respect of any election, the development of a code of conduct for candidates and parties, [and] the monitoring of compliance with legislation on nomination of candidates by parties.” List of Current IEBC commissioners 2021
Here is a list of IEBC Commissioners.
MR. WAFULA W. CHEBUKATI (CHAIRPERSON)
Date of Birth: 22nd December, 1961
Master of Business Administration from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
Bachelor of Law Degree from the University of Nairobi.
Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Over 30 years’ experience in legal practice specializing in litigation and dispute resolution, conveyancing, labour laws, company mergers and acquisitions, Maritime and treaties
Works on a full time basis as a chairperson of the Commission.
Chairs the Legal Affairs and Compliance Committee, the Dispute Resolution Committee and the Electoral Code of Conduct Committee. Current IEBC commissioners 2021
JULIANA CHERERA (VICE CHAIRPERSON)
She is the vice-chairperson of the commission.
MR. FRANCIS WANDERI (COMMISSIONER)
Mr. Francis M. Wanderi, former Chairperson of EPZ
MR. JUSTUS NYANG’AYA (COMMISSIONER)
IRENE MASIT (COMMISSIONER)
PROF. ABDI YAKUB GULIYE (COMMISSIONER)
Date of Birth: 25th November, 1962
- PhD in Animal Nutrition from Rowett Research Institute/ University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
- Master of Science in Animal Production from University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Production from Egerton University.
- Prof. Guliye has over 25 years of university teaching experience, of which in the last 7 years he had additional administrative/ managerial roles. He also served in various Boards of Institutions/Organizations, having chaired committees such as Audit and Risk Management as well as Finance.
- He Chairs Research, Technology and Strategy Committee and is also a member of the Audit Risk and Compliance Committee.
MR. BOYA MOLU (COMMISSIONER)
Date of Birth: 5th November 1978
Master in Business Administration (HR Management Option), Periyar University, India.
Bachelor of Business Administration from Karnatak University, India.
Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management (KNEC), IHRM Kenya.
Has over 13 years’ experience in Human Resource Management and administration mainly in public sector.
Prior to joining the Commission Mr. Molu served in various capacities at the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and the Judiciary in Human Resource and Administration Directorate.
Also served as a council member of the Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM) Kenya.
Chairs the Human Resource, Administration and Training Committee.
Immediate former Members of IEBC
- Albert Casmus Bwire – June 2008 – confirmed 9 November 2011
- Kule Galma Godana – June 2008 – confirmed 9 November 2011
- Amb. Yusuf A. Nzibo – June 2008 – confirmed 9 November 2011
- Eng. Abdullahi Sharawe – June 2008 – confirmed 9 November 2011
- Thomas Letangule – June 2008 – confirmed 9 November 2011
- J. Muthoni Wangai – June 2008 – confirmed 9 November 2011
- Mohamed Alawi Hussun – June 2008 – confirmed 9 November 2011
- Ezra Chiloba – 2015 – Commission Secretary
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission has a professional secretariat which manages the day to day running of the Commission. The Commission has nine Directorates and 17 departments. Each Directorate is headed by a Director, while each department has a manager. The secretariat is composed of the following:
List of IEBC Secretariat Members
- MARJAN HUSSEIN MARJAN – AG. CEO/ CS
- OBADIAH KEITANY – AG. DCS / DIRECTOR, FINANCE
- JASON AKOYO – MANAGER BUDGET
- RASI N. MASUDI – DIRECTOR, VOTER REGISTRATION AND ELECTORAL OPERATION
- GIDEON BALANG . – MANAGER, ELECTORAL OPERATIONS
- MOSES SUNKULI – MANAGER, VOTER REGISTRATION
- JACKTONE NYONJE – MANAGER , ELECTORAL TRAINING
- YONAH OGALO – MANAGER, FIELD SERVICES
- JOYCE N. EKUAM – AG. DIRECTOR, VOTER EDUCATION, PARTNERSHIPS & COMMUNICATIONS
- AMINA SOUD MS. – MANAGER, VOTER EDUCATION
- TABITHA MUTEMI – MANAGER, CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
- LORNA AGNES ONYANGO – DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- ABDALLA . HASSAN – MANAGER, ADMINISTRATION
- HELLEN SIDI – MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
- MWAURA KAMWATI – MANAGER TRANSPORT & SECURITY
- SILAS . NJERU – MANAGER BUSINESS SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
- MICHEAL . OUMA – MANAGER, NETWORK AND COMMUNICATION
- MICHAEL . GOA – DIRECTOR, LEGAL AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- CHRISPINE O OWIYE – MANAGER, INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION
- SALOME OYUGI – MANAGER, POLITICAL PARTIES AND CAMPAIGN FINANCING
- MAHAMUD JABANE – MANAGER, LEGAL SERVICES
- NAISIAE P TOBIKO – MANAGER, COMMISSION SERVICES
- HARLEY K MUTISYA – DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- MILCAH CHEBOSIS – MANAGER, WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS
- CATHERINE KAMINDO – AG. DIRECTOR, RESEARCH BOUNDARIES & DEVELOPMENT
- CAROLINE SABIRI MANYANGE – MANAGER BOUNDARIES
- OSMAN HASSAN IBRAHIM – DIRECTOR, AUDIT RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- REUBEN C. KIPROTICH – MANAGER, INTERNAL AUDIT
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) Offices and contacts
IEBC official contacts: Mobile Phone number, Email, Location, Address, Facebook, Twitter
IEBC Physical location Office: 6th Floor of Anniversary Towers,University Way in Nairobi.
IEBC phone/telephone Contacts: (254) 020 – 2877000, (254) 020 – 2769000.
IEBC email Contacts: email@example.com
IEBC Official website: https://www.iebc.or.ke
IEBC Facebook page: IEBC Kenya Facebook
Was this article helpful?