This is a list of notable automobile manufacturers with articles on Nyongesasande.com by country. It is a subset of the list of automobile manufacturers for manufacturers based in African countries. It includes companies that are in business as well as defunct manufacturers. List of automobile manufacturers of Africa
Here is a list of African owned automobile companies changing the continent’s automobile narrative.
List of automobile manufacturers in Algeria
- SNVI(1967) – SNVI Motors (Société Nationale des Véhicules Industriels, National Company of Industrial Vehicles in English, or المؤسسة الوطنية للعربات الصناعية in Arabic), is an Algerian company that has produced trucks and buses since 1967. SNVI is a subsidiary of Société Nationale de Construction Mecanique (SONACOME, National Mechanical Construction Company)
List of automobile manufacturers in Egypt
- Arab American Vehicles – Arab American Vehicles is an Egyptianautomobile manufacturer based in Cairo, Egypt. The company manufactures various vehicles under license from Daimler AG, Kia, Stellantis and Toyota, having begun as a joint venture between the Arab Organization for Industrialization (51%) and the Chrysler Group LLC (49%). On 14 December 1978, production began with the military and civilian vehicles.
- Bavarian Auto Group – The Bavarian Auto Group is an Egyptian enterprise for manufacturing and selling BMW vehicles on the local market. The headquarters of the BAG is located in the Kattameya. The assembly plant of the company is located in 6th of October City. It has a partnership with Indian car manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra to sell the latter’s car in Egypt.
- Egy-Tech Engineering – Egy-Tech Engineering (ايجى تك) is a car manufacturer located in Cairo, Egypt. The company specializes in manufacturing three-wheeled vehicles in the class of city cars and auto rickshaws. The company was founded in 1997. The cars are the Micro and the Maestro.
- General Motors Egypt – General Motors Egypt S.A.E. (جنرال موتورز مصر, or short GME) is a car and motor vehicle manufacturer based in 6th October, Cairo, Egypt. The company’s car factory is located in the 6th of October City and is one of the direct neighbors of the Egyptian German Automotive Company. Despite its name, the company is not a part of the General Motors Company, but only a joint venture with the local importer and car dealer Al-Monsour Automotive Company. Al-Monsour is the largest shareholder and with more than 1,000 workers the official owner and operator of the plant.
- Ghabbour Group – The Ghabbour Group is an Egyptian manufacturer of automobiles, buses, trucks and motorcycles located in Cairo. The company was founded in 1960 by the brothers Kamal and Sadek Ghabbour because they realized that the automotive sector was a growing market. In its early days the company was named Ghabbour Brothers. Formerly, the group was manufactured Saviem (later RVI) vehicles. Today the Group manufactures vehicles for numerous brands such as: Bajaj Auto, Hyundai and Volvo. With an annual output of 150,000 units, the Ghabbour Group is currently the largest automobile manufacturer in Egypt.
- Nissan Motor Egypt – Nissan Motor Egypt . The Nissan Motor Company, Ltd. (Japanese: 日産自動車株式会社, Hepburn: Nissan Jidōsha kabushiki gaisha) (trading as the Nissan Motor Corporation and often shortened to Nissan) is a Japanesemultinationalautomobile manufacturer headquartered in Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Japan. The company sells its vehicles under the Nissan, Infiniti, and Datsun brands (with in-house performance tuning products labelled Nismo). The company traces its name to the Nissan zaibatsu, now called Nissan Group.
- Seoudi Group –The Seoudi Group is an Egyptian automobile manufacturer which was founded in 1975 with its current head office in Cairo
- Speranza Motors – Speranza Motors, Ltd is an Egyptian auto manufacturer based in Maadi, Cairo. It is a part of the Daewoo Motor Egypt (DME) which itself belongs to the Aboul Fotouh Group. The factory is located in the 6th of October City.
List of automobile manufacturers in Ghana
- Kantanka cars – Kantanka Automobile, a Ghana based automotive company that designs, manufactures, assembles and sells automobiles, was established in 1994 by Kwadwo Safo Kantanka and incorporated as a limited liability into the manufacturing of automotive components and their combination with other parts outsourced from component suppliers to form a complete built unit. In 1998, the first complete built unit (CBU) was manufactured using over 75% of local components, locally manufactured including the engine block. By 2006, the first SUV, the Onantefo, was manufactured.
List of automobile manufacturers in Kenya
- Mobius Motors (2013) – Mobius Motors Kenya Ltd is a KenyanautomobileOEMstartup founded in 2010 to manufacture vehicles for the African market. Incorporated in the United Kingdom in 2010 and registered in Kenya in 2011, Mobius Motors is the only automobile company in Kenya and one of the two automobile companies in the East African region with Kiira Motors of Uganda being the other one.
- Nyayo Car (1986) – Nyayo Car was a project by the Kenyan government to plan and manufacture Kenyan cars. The project was initiated in 1986 when then president Daniel arap Moi asked the University of Nairobi to develop the vehicles.
List of automobile manufacturers in Morocco
- Laraki (1999) – Moroccan businessman Mohamed Laraki founded it in 1999. The company started by manufacturing Yacht and subsequently moved to produce luxurious supercars. In 2002, it produced the first car; Laraki Fulgura.
The next car was Borac, followed by Epitome, and the company has continued to grow and evolve from then. Its 2013 Laraki Epitome Concept is sold for $2,000,000. It has a V8 engine, 1100 Horsepower (RPM), and a top speed that is estimated at 175 mph. Larakis are strictly concept cars, custom-built for each customer, and were ranked among the most expensive cars in the world in 2015, priced at over $2- million each.
- Société Automobiles Ménara (1972) – The Société Automobiles Ménara is a Moroccan automobile manufacturer and was founded in 1972 under the brand name CANAM. The company is located in Aïn Sebaâ, Casablanca.
- Somaca (1959) – Somaca (Société marocaine de constructions automobiles) is a Moroccan car manufacturer founded in 1959 and currently owned by the French company Renault.
List of automobile manufacturers in Nigeria
- Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (2013) – The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company was founded by Nigerian born entrepreneur, Innocent Chukwuma. They are the first technology company to manufacture cars in Nigeria.
Innoson has produced at least 500 Nigeria-made cars at the cost of between N1.5- N3.5 million. Due to its wide range production, Innoson attracts patronage also from the Nigerian government.
From their plant in Nnewi, Anambra, Nigeria, Innoson assembles various vehicles some of which are pickup vans, SUVs, and Buses. Some of its models are Innoson Fox, Innoson Umu, and Innoson G5 which is an SUV. Some of the cars are already in use in Nigeria.
- Nord – Nord Automobiles is a Nigerian automotive manufacturer with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. Our establishment was born out of the need for a remarkable made-in-Nigeria automobile brand. E: email@example.com
List of automobile manufacturers in South Africa
- Birkin Cars
- BMW South Africa
- Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa (FMCSA)
- Isuzu South Africa
- Land Systems
- Motorite Racing
- N4 Trucks
- Nissan South Africa
- SAMIL Trucks
- Paramount Group
- Toyota South Africa Motors
- Delta Motors
- Peugeot and Citroën South Africa (PACSA)
- General Motors South Africa
- Glass Sport Motors (GSM)
List of automobile manufacturers in Tunisia
- Industries Mécaniques Maghrébines (IMM)
- Wallyscar (2007) – Founded in 2006, Wallyscar is manufactured in La Marsa, Tunisia. The company is known for building for affordable, reliable, and powerful 4X4s.
A report from 2014 suggested that the company sells over 600 units a year, mainly in Africa and the Middle East. One of the company’s main aims is to make its cars sporty, colourful, and environmentally friendly.
List of automobile manufacturers in Uganda
- Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC) (2015) – Kiira Motors Corporation or KMC is a State Enterprise in Uganda established to champion the Development of the Domestic Automotive Value Chain for job and wealth creation and commercialize the Kiira Electric Vehicle Project. The Equity Partners are Government of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation holding 96% of the initial stock and Makerere University holding 4%.Africa’s first electric vehicle was developed under the Kiira Electric Vehicle Project in 2011. KMC developed Africa’s first hybrid vehicle, the Kiira EVS, in 2014 and Africa’s first solar electric bus, the Kayoola Solar Bus in 2016. KMC’s market entry products are the Kayoola EVS a Fully Electric Low Floor City Bus with a range of 300 kilometers on a full charge and the Kayoola Diesel Coach, a premium highway coach.
Was this article helpful?