- Advertisement -
Social welfare includes healthcare, empowerment, housing and other programs geared towards assisting the poor, unemployed and marginalized in society. Such programs include Medicaid, AFDC (Aid for families with dependent children), WIC (women, infants and children) programs, veteran programs and others.
Research areas in social welfare policy include:
- systems of care for children/families/elderly
- community, organization and policy development
- race, class and gender
- health and healthcare disparities
- violence and victimization
- mental health and prevention/intervention
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.