The validity of the unique Hayya Card, which made things so much easier for football fans who were in Qatar for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, has just been extended by almost a year.
Qatar’s Ministry of Interior (MoI) announced the validity extension, by which card holders from outside the country will be allowed to enter Qatar until January 24, 2024.
However, there are certain conditions that have to be met for people to be able to enter the country. Here is a look at them.
- Travellers should have a proof of a confirmed hotel reservation or accommodation with family or friends approved through the Hayya portal.
- The traveller’s passport must be valid for no less than three months upon arrival in Qatar.
- He or she should have necessary health insurance for the duration of the stay in the country
- A confirmed return air ticket
A person using the Hayya Card after extension will have access to the following:
- The ‘Hayya with Me’ feature which allows Hayya Card holders to invite up to three family members or friends
- A multiple-entry permit to Qatar
- Use of the e-Gate facility for entry and exit via Qatar’s ports
- No fees required
The Ministry also clarified that the above conditions would apply to holders of all Hayya Card types used during the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
The initial validity of the Hayya Card had ended on January 23.
On Sunday, the Ministry of Public Health had announced that all travellers to Qatar should have mandatory health insurance from February 1. The announcement came as part of the implementation of the first phase of the mandatory Health Insurance Scheme in Qatar.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande