Named for the intense geothermal activity within its boundaries, the Hell’s Gate National Park is a remarkable quarter of the Great Rift Valley. Spectacular scenery including the towering cliffs, water-gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes and belching plumes of geothermal steam make it one of the most atmospheric Parks in Africa. Hell’s Gate is an ideal venue for a day trip from Nairobi where, in addition to the bio-diversity that includes raptors, visitors can enjoy mountain biking, rock climbing and a natural spa.
- African buffalo, zebra, eland, hartebeest, Thomson’s gazelle and baboons are common. The park is also home to klipspringer antelope and Chandler’s mountain reedbuck
- Prolific birdlife – there are over 100 species of birds in the park, including vultures, Verreaux’s Eagles, augur buzzard and swifts.
How to get there
- By Road: This park is accessible via tarmac road from Nairobi (90kms) via Naivasha Town on the Lake Road South at a junction 5km south of Naivasha
- By Air: Naivasha air strip
- Spectacular scenery including the towering cliffs, water-gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes and belching plumes of geothermal steam make it one of the most atmospheric Parks in Africa.
- Wildlife viewing
- Raptor nesting in cliffs
- Hot springs
- The Olkaria Geothermal Station
- The Mervyn Carnelley Raptor Hide
- Tourist circuits, nature trails
- Health spa
Park Entry Fee
|Hells Gate National Park||Citizen||Resident||Non – Resident|
* Kindly refer to the Conservation Fees document below for other services and charges
* Mode of payment; Pay for your entry to any of our Parks or Reserves via eCitizen government platform.
* Create a personal account on the eCitizen Government platform by visiting https://kws.ecitizen.go.ke and make park payments in advance for a fast and convenient park entry.
Hot Line: 0770 070 405 , 0774 435 934
Land Line 050-50407
Hell’s Gate National Park,
P.O. Box 234-20117,