A clinic is a healthcare facility where you receive outpatient care. List of best Clinics in Kenya
There are many types of clinics. Some are stand-alone practices, while others may be associated with a hospital or university. You can even find some health clinics inside a retail store.
The services offered by each type of clinic can vary widely, too. Some types of clinics offer a broad range of healthcare services while others provide specialized care.
Below we’ll explore 10 different types of health clinics, the services they provide, and how to find affordable care.
1. Primary care clinics
One of the most popular types of clinics are those that focus on primary care. Primary care clinics cover a wide range of routine and preventive healthcare services, such as:
- annual physicals
- laboratory testing, such as blood tests and urine tests
- screening and treatment for conditions like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes
- care for minor symptoms, such as sore throat, cough, or nasal congestion
- treatment for common illnesses like colds, the flu, or urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- treatment of some injuries, such as minor cuts or burns
The doctors you’ll see at a primary care clinic practice general medicine in their field. This can include family medicine, internal medicine, or pediatrics.
However, you may also meet with other types of healthcare professionals, such as physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
Additionally, some primary care clinics may offer services at low cost or no cost. These clinics may be referred to as free or charitable clinics.
2. Specialized clinics
While a primary care clinic offers a broad range of services, a specialized clinic focuses on a specific area of medicine. The providers in a specialized clinic will have specific training that focuses on medical fields such as:
- ear, nose, and throat (ENT)
- gynecology and obstetrics
- physical therapy
- sports medicine
Specialized clinics are often associated with a healthcare system or hospital group, but they can also be stand-alone practices.
If you need care that only a specialist can provide, your primary care provider can give you a referral.
3. Sexual health clinics
This type of clinic has a specific focus on sexual and reproductive health for both women and men. You can visit a sexual health clinic for many types of services, such as:
- access to contraceptive methods, such as condoms, oral contraceptives (birth control pills), or intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- pelvic exams
- screening for some types of cancers, such as cervical cancer, breast cancer, and testicular cancer
- pregnancy testing and prenatal exams
- vaccinations for diseases like HPV or hepatitis B
- HIV services, including testing, treatment, and access to preventive medications (PrEP and PEP)
- help with men’s health conditions, like erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation
- infertility counseling or referrals
- abortion services or referrals
- advice regarding adoption
- counseling following sexual assault
It’s important to note that the types of services that are offered can vary by clinic.
If you’re looking for a specific type of service, contact a clinic directly to find out whether they offer the type of care you’re looking for.
4. Mental health clinics
If you’re concerned about your mental health, this type of clinic may be able to provide the treatment and services you need.
The healthcare providers who work at a mental health clinic are focused on helping diagnose and treat many types of mental health conditions. Some examples of these conditions include but aren’t limited to:
- anxiety disorders, such as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- bipolar disorder
- substance use disorders
- eating disorders
Some healthcare providers you may come in contact with at a mental health clinic include psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers. The services they provide may include:
- diagnosis of mental health conditions
- outpatient counseling, which can take place in an individual, group, or family setting
- prescription medications to help manage mental health conditions
- case management services
- supportive services, such as help with managing medications or developing a support network
5. Addiction services clinics
These types of clinics provide outpatient services to individuals who are recovering from a substance use disorder.
Generally speaking, outpatient addiction services clinics are best geared toward people who have:
- a stable living environment
- a strong social support network
- reliable transportation
A key focus of an addiction services clinic is group counseling. Counseling sessions are often held multiple times per week. Other services that may be provided include:
- drug and alcohol education
- treatment of other medical or mental health conditions
- help with growing your support network or returning to the workforce
6. Community health centers
A community health center is a type of clinic that’s community-directed and supported by federal funding. They’re aimed at serving communities that may not have access to affordable healthcare.
To receive federal funding, a community health center must meet the following five criteria:
- offer healthcare services within an area or community that’s classified as medically underserved
- provide comprehensive primary care in conjunction with supportive services like health education and translation
- adjust the costs of services based on an individual’s ability to pay
- be directed by a board that’s predominantly made of community members
- meet additional requirements related to performance, finances, and administration
In addition to primary care, other services can be integrated into a community health center. Some examples include:
- dental care
- mental healthcare
- treatment or counseling for substance use disorders
7. Retail clinics
Retail clinics are located within retail stores. It’s estimated that there are more than 2,800 retail clinics throughout the United States. You may find retail clinics inside:
- drugstores or pharmacies, like Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid
- “big box” retailers, like Walmart or Target
- some supermarket chains, like Kroger, Giant Eagle, or ShopRite
Retail clinics typically accept walk-ins. Their healthcare staff is often made up of physician assistants or nurse practitioners.
Retail clinics offer convenient, same-day care for minor illnesses and healthcare needs for both adults and children. These clinics can be beneficial when you have a minor health issue and don’t want to wait a few days to get an appointment with your primary care provider.
Some of the services offered at a retail clinic may include:
- treatment for minor illnesses, such as:
- ear pain
- bug bites
- minor cuts or wounds
- skin rash
- strep throat
- basic laboratory testing
- routine health screenings
In many cases, pricing at a retail clinic is standardized, so you have a good idea of what to expect as far as cost is concerned.
Some clinics may also take private insurance plans or Medicare.
8. Rural health clinics
Rural health clinics serve people who have Medicare, Medicaid, or private insurance. The goal of the rural health clinic program is to provide better access to care in rural, underserved communities.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) estimates that there are about 4,500 rural health clinics in the United States.
Rural health clinics provide medically necessary primary or preventive care. A service is considered medically necessary if it’s required to either diagnose or treat an illness or condition.
If the clinic doesn’t offer a specific service, the clinic staff may be able to arrange for you to receive medically necessary care at a hospital or specialized clinic.
These clinics are typically staffed by the following types of healthcare professionals:
- physicians assistants
- nurse practitioners
- certified nurse-midwives
- clinical psychologists
- clinical social workers
9. Dialysis clinics
A dialysis clinic is a specific type of clinic that provides dialysis to people with kidney failure. Dialysis is a procedure that helps filter waste and other potentially harmful substances from your blood.
While some people may choose to have dialysis at home, there are some advantages of going to a dialysis clinic. For instance, when dialysis is done at a clinic:
- The procedure is supervised by trained medical professionals.
- You don’t need to keep dialysis equipment in your home.
- You get the chance to interact with others who are undergoing the same procedure.
There are also downsides to going to a dialysis clinic. Some of the drawbacks include:
- less flexible scheduling
- having to travel to the clinic
- more time between treatments
If you need dialysis to treat kidney failure, be sure to talk to your doctor about which treatment option may be best suited to you and your needs.
10. Mobile clinics
A mobile clinic is a customized vehicle that travels to different areas to provide medical services. It’s estimated that there are currently around 2,000Trusted Source mobile health clinics in the United States.
Mobile clinics are a valuable tool for providing vital services to communities with barriers to healthcare access, such as:
- lack of reliable transportation
- financial concerns regarding healthcare
- little or no health insurance
- limited healthcare providers in the area
- language or cultural barriers
While mobile clinics typically provide primary or preventive care, they can also provide other services, such as:
- urgent care
- pediatric care
- mental health services
- dental care
- hearing and vision services
- management of chronic health conditions
Here is a List of best Clinics in Kenya
Nairobi Sterling Dental Clinic
Ultramodern Dental Clinic with first class treatment carried out at affordable pocket friendly prices. Located near M.P.Shah hospital, highly skilled and friendly dentists available for regular and emergency treatments. Treatments include;Consultations and Xrays, Fillings, Root Canal Treatment, Dental Crowns, orthodontics and braces, Implants, Removable Denture Teeth, Dental Cleaning and Whitening, Dental Extractions, Baby Teeth Management etc. contact us on +254762223925 / +254788737460.
Consultations and Xrays, Fillings, Root Canal Treatment, Dental Crowns, orthodontics and braces, Implants, Removable Denture Teeth, Dental Cleaning and Whitening, Dental Extractions, Baby Teeth Management
- Address:6th Floor, Parksuite Parklands, Nairobi, Kenya
- City/Town: Nairobi
- Telephone Number: 0762 223 925
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.nairobisterlingdentalclinic.com
Sonrol Dermatology Medical Centre
- Address:Mountain Mall, 1st Floor (Opposite AAR Clinic)
Thika Road (Roasters Stage), Nairobi, Kenya
- City/Town: Nairobi
- Telephone Number: +254 (0) 798 490 040
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://sonrol.co.ke/
Marie Stopes Mombasa Nursing Home
-Pregnancy crisis counselling and management
-Contraception and family planning
-General health and wellness
-STI screening and treatment
- Address:Along Moi Avenue, Ganjoni, Opp. Kenya Commercial Bank
- City/Town: Mombasa
- Telephone Number: 0721486564
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.mariestopes.or.ke/
Smile Art Dental
Smile Art is a boutique dental practice operating in Nairobi.
The clinic was co founded by two doctors with a combined
experience of over 20 years in dental practice.
We are proud to provide state-of-the-art facilities for the
highest quality dental care available. It is one of our top
priorities to protect the well-being of our valued patients.
For this reason, our clinic meets and surpasses all regulatory
Smile Art provides comprehensive general, cosmetic, and
family dentistry services. Whether it’s time for your child’s
first cleaning and exam, or you’re seeking a complete full-mouth restoration, our personable, experienced staff is
excited to work as a team to deliver the results you desire.
Smile Art is your oral health partner.
• Full Oral Exams And X-Rays
• Teeth Cleaning And Polishing
• Cosmetic Dentistry: Whitening And Veneers
• Crown And Bridge Work
• Tooth-coloured Fillings
• Root Canal Procedures
• Painless Tooth Extractions
• Dental Implants
- Address:Shivachi Rd, Parklands, Nairobi, Kenya
- City/Town: Nairobi
- Telephone Number: 0700219219
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://smileart.co.ke/
Hearing issue it will hamper your lifestyle,So don’t take any risk. If you have any hearing issue for further please contact with Starkey, We will provide best solutions for regarding your hearing loss . So from now onwards if you have faces any issues regarding hearing contact immediately with starkey we can also provide online test. For more details please contact with us .
- Address:6th Floor Jadala Place, Ngong Lane, P.O. BOX 23084-00505 Adams Arcade.
- City/Town: Kenya
- Telephone Number: +254 740 218 105
- Telephone Number 2: +254 20 271 2959
- Email Address: Info_Africa@starkey.com
- Website: https://www.starkey.co.ke/
Gertrudes Children’s Hospital – Nairobi
Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is a not-for-profit Children’s Hospital established in 1947. Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is the most established paediatric hospital in Eastern and Central Africa, providing healthcare to children in Kenya as well as those referred from neighbouring countries.
– Paediatric Inpatient
– Paediatric Outpatient
– Well Baby Clinic
– Well Baby Clinic
– Specialist Clinic
– Dental Clinic
– Day Surgery
– Pharmacy Services
– Laboratory Services
– Nutrition Clinic
– Child Development Centre
– Radiology Services
- Address:34 MUTHAIGA RD, NAIROBI
- City/Town: Nairobi
- Telephone Number: 020 720 6000
- Telephone Number 2: 0730645000
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.gerties.org/
First Laser Skin Centre Ltd
Laser treatments fractional rejuvenation procedures performed at First Laser Skin Centre, lifts away years from your face and stimulates new collagen to grow. They improve your skin’s texture and tone to fight fine lines, wrinkles, and even acne scars.
Patch Allergy testing
Botox, Fillers, Mesotherapy, Chemical peels, Laser Hair removal, Laser tattoo removal, Laser dark spot removal, Laser Stretch mark treatments, Laser Leg vein removal, Laser birthmark removal.
Laser treatments for Vitiligo, Laser treatments for Psoriasis, Liquid face lift, Non surgical face lift, Skin cancer treatments, Laser skin tightening, Puva/ UVB treatments, Laser 360, Pain free hair free,
– Common Conditions Treated:
Acne, Warts, Eczema, Psoriasis, Vitiligo,
– Special Expertise:
Cosmetic dermatology and skin cancer surgery
- Address:M.P. Shah Hospital – Doctors Plaza 2nd Floor Rm 5
- City/Town: Nairobi
- Telephone Number: +254 715 691144
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://skinkenya.com/
Dermallure Skin Center
Dermallure skin center is a state of the art skin clinic which offers expert dermatological services.
We are located at Kenya Medical Association Center (KMA) in Upper-hill 5th Floor Suite 502.
– Acne treatment
– Pediatric dermatology
– Hair Loss
– Nail disorders
– Excessive sweating
– Sensitive skin
– PRP treatments(Platelet rich plasma)
2. Cosmetic Dermatology
– Cosmetic botulinum
– Advice about skin products
– Anti-aging treatments
– Stretch marks and cellulite
– Cosmetic botulinum toxin
– Advice about skin care
- Address:Kenya Medical Association center, 3rd floor room 313
- City/Town: Nairobi
- Telephone Number: +254 704 755 192
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://dermallureskincenter.co.ke/
Tia clinics Ke
Tia Clinics is an Aesthetic and Wellness clinic, specializing in Non-Surgical Facelifts, Hair Transplants, Anti-oxidant Therapy and Pain Management. Being the first in the country to introduce non-surgical facelifts and pain management through stem cell therapy, we also offer lots of other aesthetic treatments like Peels, Botox, Fillers, Medical Facials, Microdermabrasion, Micro-needling among others.
1. Skin tightening
4. Eye brow lift
7. Hair PRP
9. Pain management
11. Micro pigmentation
12. Micro needling
- Address:S17, 2nd floor, SKY MALL
- City/Town: Parklands
- Telephone Number: 0103 363744
- Telephone Number 2: 0799 995716
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://tiaclinics.co.ke/
Columbia Africa Healthcare Limited Parklands Clinic
- Address:Park Place, G-02, Ground Floor, Second Parklands Avenue, Limuru Road, Nairobi City
- City/Town: Parklands
- Telephone Number: 0707 333666
- Telephone Number 2: +254 111 011 500
- Email Address:
- Website: https://columbiaafrica.com/
Ngara Health Centre
- City/Town: Nairobi
- Telephone Number: 0750 047458
- Email Address: email@example.com
Clinics SMARTSMILE DENTALCARE CLINICS (K)
Clinics Care n Cure Health Services Ltd
Clinics STABLEHEALTH MEDICARE LIMITED
Clinics PREMIER FAMILY CLINICS
Center APEX SPECIALIST AND DIAGNOSTIC CENTER
Center Lavington Green Dental Suite
Clinics Spine Health and Sports Injury Clinic
Clinics AFRICA HEART ASSOCIATES
Center Mediant Diagnostics Lab and Clinic
Center Westside Dental Practice
Clinics Dr Shem Rakewa Dental Clinic
Center Thika Dental Care Center
Clinics OASIS HEALTHCARE AND HEALTH SERVICES
Clinics Prodigy ENT and Hearing Clinic
Clinics Talana Specialist Clinics
Clinics Jesus Is The Answer Dental
Center NephroMed Medical Center
Center Mediatrix Health Services
Clinics Kisii Medical Diagnostic and Imaging Clinic
Center Advent Med and Dent Care
Clinics DENTAL HEALTH PROVIDERS-MENELIK HOSPITAL
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande