Organic food, ecological food, or biological food are foods and drinks produced by methods complying with the standards of organic farming. Where to get organic food in Qatar? Where to get organic food in Qatar. Standards vary worldwide, but organic farming features practices that cycle resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. Organizations regulating organic products may restrict the use of certain pesticides and fertilizers in the farming methods used to produce such products. Organic foods are typically not processed using irradiation, industrial solvents, or synthetic food additives.
In the 21st century, the European Union, the United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and many other countries require producers to obtain special certification to market their food as organic. Although the produce of kitchen gardens may actually be organic, selling food with an organic label is regulated by governmental food safety authorities, such as the National Organic Program of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or the European Commission (EC).
From an environmental perspective, fertilizing, overproduction, and the use of pesticides in conventional farming may negatively affect ecosystems, soil health, biodiversity, groundwater, and drinking water supplies. These environmental and health issues are intended to be minimized or avoided in organic farming.
Demand for organic foods is primarily driven by consumer concerns for personal health and the environment, such as the detrimental environmental impacts of pesticides. From the perspective of science and consumers, there is insufficient evidence in the scientific and medical literature to support claims that organic food is either substantially safer or healthier to eat than conventional food. Organic agriculture has higher production costs and lower yields, higher labor costs, and higher consumer prices as compared to conventional farming methods.
Here is Where to get organic food in Qatar
- Locations: Lulu Hypermarket currently has over 10 branches across Qatar.
- Website: https://www.luluhypermarket.com
The supermarket has introduced BIO by Carrefour — an ‘exclusive selection of organic food and wellness products’.
Locations: Carrefour currently has 10 branches across Qatar.
- Villaggio Mall
- Landmark Mall
- Dar Al Salam Mall
- Mall of Qatar
- City Center Mall
- Ezdan Mall
- Mirqab Mall
- Lagoona Mall
- Al Wakrah
Mega Mart is a great place to source your healthy vegetables. They have a range of organic and gluten-free products, delicious cereals and much more.
- The Centre, Salwa Road
- Center Point (Barwa village)
- 01 Mall – Ain Khalid
- QMall – Madinat Khalifa North
- Gate Mall – West Bay
- Bin Omran
- Twin Palm Tower, West Bay
- Doha Festival City
- The Pearl – Medina Centrale
- Le Boulevard, Al Sadd
- Msheireb Galleria Mall
- Iconic 2022 Building, Aspire Zone, Al Waab
- Website: https://www.monoprix.qa/
Planet Organic World
Planet Organic World is a one-stop-shop for your organic needs. It offers a wide variety of products that range from gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and non-GMO.
- Location: Building 1, Zone 3 Wadi Musheireb Street Between Souq Waqif & Al Wadi Hotel
- Contact: +974 4473 1808
- Website: https://planetorganicworld.com
ARKELLAC Organic & Natural Food Products
- Location: Door No 1, First Floor, Building No 43, Street no. 211, Zone 74 Al Khor
- Times: 8 am – 10 pm
- Contact: +974 3033 0474
- Website: https://arkellac.com/
- Location: 2-4 La Croisette, Waterfront, Porto Arabia, The Pearl
- Times: Open daily from 6 am to 12 mn
- Contact: +974 5024 6000 or +974 3111 0025
- Website: https://thehubconveniencestore.com
Good Life Market
- Location: La Croisette 25, Porto Arabia, Tower 25 Marina Side
- Times: Sat – Thur 9 am to 10.00 pm, Friday 12 nn to 8pm
- Contact: +974 4441 4808
- Website: https://goodlifeqa.com/
The Approved Market
The Approved Market offers everything healthy from organic, keto, sugar free, gluten free, and plant-based products. A guilt-free market that specializes in providing balanced alternatives for people who choose to live a healthy lifestyle!
Aspire Zone – +974 5037 5440
West Bay – +974 5514 1199
- Times: Sat – Thu 8 am-11.30 pm, Friday 8 am – 11.00 am | 12.30 pm -11.30 pm
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thea…
Torba Farmers Market and Torba Store
- Location: Villa 26, Street 963, Zone 30, Al Duhail North
- Times: 8 am to 4.30 pm
- Contact: +974 3100 8110, +974 3067 2516
- Website: https://farmersmarket.qa/