The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is the national Guiding organization of Kenya. It serves 120,805 members (as of 2003). Founded in 1920, the girls-only organization became a full member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1963. The patron was First Lady Lucy Kibaki.
Kenya Girl Guides Association as anchored in the Laws of Kenya Cap 220 is a multi racial, non-religion, non-political, and non profit making organization is one of the Largest Girls only movement in Kenya that seeks to help girls realize their fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world..
|Kenya Girl Guides Association
Kenya Girl Guides Association
||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
Each year on February 22, members of the guides and the Kenya Scouts Association gather in Nyeri, at the grave of Baden Powell, to celebrate Founders’ Day at the grave.
As a Volunteer at Kenya Girls Guide Association, you will make an Impact for yourself and for girls.
There are so many rewards and benefits to volunteering with Guiding:
1. You will make a profound impact on girls and help them unleash their full potential
2. You get an opportunity to connect with other amazing women involved in Girls Guide.
3. Access to member-only training, special events, camping, and many more.
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
There are numerous volunteering opportunities at Kenya Girls Guide Association. This includes helping at special events or camps, and being specialized adviser to our guides.
• The ability to think strategically, with the capability to drive the association towards achievement of the KGGA vision
• Professional background in accountancy/finance with strong governance experience
• Experience in managing technology strategy and implementation at a senior organizational level
• Knowledge and experience in marketing
• Knowledge and experience in fund development
• High level influencing skills, advocacy skills and partnership development skills
• Experience of leading the association’s projects or programmes of work (e.g. change initiatives, development of new programmes or training materials, senior advisor roles, launching KGGA initiatives etc.)
• Financial management
• Fund development
• International/external partnerships
• Legal expertise
• Governance/trustee experience in a voluntary organization/NGO/INGO
• Marketing and brand promotion
• Strategic planning and visioning
• Leadership development
• Non-formal education
• International/global/cross cultural context
• Working in partnership with volunteers and staff
• Human resource management
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Application. Complete the online registration form.
2. We will reach to you out as soon as possible to help you learn more about Guiding and find the right volunteering fit for you.
Address: Arboretum Road, off State House Road
We Are Open: Opening Hours – Weekdays- Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5pm and on Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm;
Call: +254 701 918212 ; + 254 715 579016
Was this article helpful?