BUNGE LA MWANANCHI MEMBERS WHO ARE CONTESTING FOR VARIOUS ELECTIVE POSITIONS COUNTRYWIDE – 2022. Bunge La Mwananchi social movement emerged as critical grassroots social movement in the framing and agenda setting for national debate in Kenya. It emerged as an organic social movement in a historic moment when Kenya was creating a new democratic state through a new constitutional framework. The framework promises hope for social change and democratic liberation. Bunge la Mwananchi identifies with and builds on the struggle of many years of other social movements, which have shaped the struggle for social justice in Kenya and Africa. This article discusses the growth of Bunge La Mwananchi social movement from the seeds of earlier social movements. This can be traced back to the occupation by the British Imperial Company in East Africa in 1884and subsequent resistance by Africa people against domination and occupation by colonial settlers that were advancing their capitalist-imperialist interests in Africa. The article examines the origin and evolution of Bunge La Mwananchi as an organic social movement during the era of neo-liberal globalization. It also examines the social base of the movement and its collective action that shapes the collective identity of the movement. The writer, a member Bunge la Mwananchi, discusses the movement’s experience in relation to other human rights movements and political parties in Kenya in the process of building Bunge La Mwananchi as nationwide social movement that could help bring social transformation and build democratic state.
HERE IS A LIST OF BUNGE LA MWANANCHI MEMBERS WHO ARE CONTESTING FOR VARIOUS ELECTIVE POSITIONS COUNTRYWIDE – 2022
- Calvin Okoth Gaucho – MCA Land Mawe Ward- Nairobi County
- Brendah Kangai – Women Rep- Nairobi County
- Charles Mc’Olonde – MCA Kagan Ward- Homabay County
- Erick Juma – MCA Gatina Ward- Nairobi County
- Reuben Kiborek – MP Mogotio Constituency- Baringo County
- Absalom Odhiambo – MCA Korogocho Ward- Nairobi County
- Timothy Madegwa -MCA. Riruta. DAp.K
- Waema -MCA Ngara Ward, Nairobi County
- Kennedy Omondi Okong’o – MP Dagoret South- Nairobi County.
- Peter Wainaina – MCA Kariara Ward- Murang’a County
- Ruth Mumbi – MCA Kiamaiko
- Henry Shitanda – MP Lugari constituency- Kakamega County
- Lawrence Oyugi – MCA CBD, Nairobi County
- Edra Mbatha – MCA Kivaa Ward, Machakos County
- Grace Ngugi – MCA Kileleshwa ward, Nairobi County
- Fransicah Mueni – MCA , Eastleigh South, Nairobi County
- Alex Wambua – MCA Pipeline Ward, Nairobi County
- Ezekiel Kagio – MCA Kilimani Ward, Nairobi County
- Kelly Musyoka – Kitundu Ward, Makueni County
- David Otieno aka Cidi – MP Westlands, Nairobi County
- Lewis Muriuru – MP Dagoret North , Nairobi County
- Charles Ngugi – MCA Ndeiya Ward, Kiambu County
- Adrin Vundi – MCA Nguutani Ward, Kitui County
- Ann Muniu – Mp Mathare Constituency
- Mzalendo Mulingwa – MCA Pumwani Ward, Nairobi City County
- Kenneth Kirimi Mbae – MCA Ganga Ward Tharaka/Nithi County.
- Stephen Alfred Obuya Ogeng’o Bwire – Marachi West Ward-Busia County
If you have any other that has been cleared by IEBC please share – Kiberenge Jr (BUNGE LA MWANANCHI)
Was this article helpful?