This application allows registered Medical and Dental practitioners in Kenya to provide for clinical care delivery through the telecommunication infrastructure. How to Apply for Registration as a Virtual Medical Services Provider in Kenya
One needs to be registered to provide medical/dental care virtually through the telecommunication infrastructure.
How to Apply for Registration as a Virtual Medical Services Provider in Kenya
- That all the practitioners shall ensure compliance with the Ministry of Health policies on telemedicine, eHealth and any other related areas, to address data storage and systems standards, data privacy and security and interoperability of the system among others
- The virtual facility shall maintain a record of all services provided
- Practitioners Shall not use collected personal health information for research without ethical approval
- The application for a Virtual Medical Services Provider License shall be made to the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s (KMPDC) offices. Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s (KMPDC) Office Location & Contact Details
- Collect and complete the Application for Registration as a Virtual Medical Services Provider Form, available at the KMPDC offices or download it via the KMPDC website KMPDC Downloads, (scroll down the page and then click on the “Other Form” option to locate the form) or directly download it using this Application for Registration as a Virtual Medical Services Provider Form
- This form is to be filled in by the medical director, who is responsible for clinical care delivery through the telecommunication infrastructure, who is registerable by a regulatory body within the Republic of Kenya.
- Submit the supporting documentation as mentioned under the “Required Documents” section of this page, in addition to the duly completed application form, in all respect, to the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s (KMPDC) Office. Any omission of the required information or documents will render the application process incomplete.
- The application shall also be accompanied by proof of payment of an application fee of Ksh. 20,000. All payments should be made at any KCB Branch countrywide to Board’s account No. 1103158643, Milimani Branch, in favor of the KMPDC.
- Upon receipt of the application, the receiving officers will check for discrepancies or ineligibility in the application documents. If a discrepancy that cannot be immediately corrected exists in any of the documents, the application and all the submitted documents will be returned to the applicant and should not be re-submitted until the discrepancy has been rectified.
- If the receiving officer is satisfied that all the requirements have been met for the application, it is registered for consideration and the applicant is issued with an acknowledgment slip as proof of submission of the application and for inquiry referencing if the need arises.
- The KMPDC office may request additional information relevant to the application. In such a case, the information must be submitted within the stipulated time from the date of notification. Where the applicant fails to submit the required information, the application shall be rejected.
- After the document evaluation phase have been completed satisfactorily, which is usually completed within fourteen (14) working days, the KMPDC office shall prepare the Virtual Medical Services Provider License that shall be valid indefinite, which indicates the approval scope and limitations.
- While collecting the Virtual Medical Services Provider License, the applicant will be required to produce a proof of identity document and acknowledgment receipt to be validated at the KMPDC dispatch office.
- Duly completed Application for Registration as a Virtual Medical Services Provider Form
- A cover letter describing the services you intend to offer.
- A copy of the link health facility’s current KMPDC operating license.
- Copies of the Current Practice Licenses of all the practitioners providing medical/dental services via the virtual facility.
- Valid identification document
- Any other documents may be deemed necessary or as may be prescribed by the KMPDC office.
- Registration fee Kshs.20,000.00
Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s (KMPDC)
Bank Account Details
Board account at any KCB Branch countrywide, Board’s
Account No. 1103158643, Milimani Branch.
Swift Code: KCBLKKENX,
BANK CODE: 01175.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council – Head Office
Woodlands Rd, Hurlingham, Nairobi.
P.O. Box 44893 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254-727666444 | +254-111052222
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande