Annual licenses and any other licenses can be applied online by visiting the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council online services portal that is available on osp.kmpdc.go.ke.How to Apply for Professional Certificate of Status for Medical and Dental Practitioners (Good Standing Certificate). Here is a list of annual license fees for health facilities in Kenya (2021). Fees: Kshs 0.00. Fees: Kshs 5,000.
Here is How to Apply for Professional Certificate of Status for Medical and Dental Practitioners (Good Standing Certificate)
- The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council issues certificate of status to practitioners, at their will, when one is seeking employment/ studies abroad, for purposes of postgraduate training the doctor seeks for a “Certificate of Status” (generally called a “good standing” certificate). Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s (KMPDC) Office Location & Contact Details
- Those wishing to apply for a Certificate of Status should collect and complete the Application For Professional Certificate Of Status Form-XX, available at the KMPDC offices or download it via the KMPDC website KMPDC Downloads, (scroll down the page and then click on the “Other Form” option to locate the form) or directly download it using this Application For Professional Certificate Of Status Form-XX.Note: Section B; on the application form should be completed by a registered professional practitioner.
- Submit the supporting documentation as mentioned under the “Required Documents” section of this page, in addition to the duly completed application form, in all respect, to the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s (KMPDC) Office either in person or via the following email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Any omission of the required information or documents will render the application process incomplete.
- The application shall also be accompanied by proof of payment of an application fee of Ksh. 20,000 (Non-refundable). All payments should be made at any KCB Branch countrywide to Board’s account No. 1103158643, Milimani Branch, in favor of the KMPDC.
- Upon receipt of the application, the receiving officers will check for discrepancies or ineligibility in the application documents. If a discrepancy that cannot be immediately corrected exists in any of the documents, the application and all the submitted documents will be returned to the applicant and should not be re-submitted until the discrepancy has been rectified.
- The KMPDC office may request additional information relevant to the application. In such a case, the information must be submitted within the stipulated time from the date of notification. Where the applicant fails to submit the required information, the application shall be rejected.
- After the document evaluation phase has been completed satisfactorily, which is usually completed within two (02) weeks the KMPDC office shall prepare the certificate of status that shall be valid for one lifetime.
- Notice of the decision (Approval, Deferral, or Rejection) for the application will be communicated to the applicant via registered mail or phone.
- Where the KMPDC office is not satisfied that the application meets the requirements for the application, it shall reject the application and notify the applicant thereof in writing, stating the reasons for the rejection.
- While collecting the Good Standing Certificate, the applicant will be required to produce a proof of identity document and proof of payment to be validated at the KMPDC dispatch office.
- Duly completed Application For Professional Certificate Of Status Form-XX
- A recommendation by a registered professional practitioner of good status (As instructed in section B-on the application form)
- Attach a copy of the current retention certificate/private practice license/temporary license for a foreign practitioner.
- Evidence that the practitioner is not under any investigation by the Board.
- Proof of payment (direct deposit) of the application fee of Kshs.20,000.00.
- Valid identification document (ID card/ passport)
- Any other documents may be deemed necessary or as may be prescribed by the KMPDC office.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council – Head Office
Woodlands Rd, Hurlingham, Nairobi.
P.O. Box 44893 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254-727666444 | +254-111052222
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande