You can erase your computer’s hard drive using several methods. But keep in mind that when you wipe your computer hard drive, you will be resetting your device to its factory settings. How to Wipe a Windows Hard Drive. You will be removing all the information on the drive. When you reboot your computer, you will be able to use it again as if it were new.
Note: Wiping a hard drive is not the same as deleting your files or formatting a drive. These are completely different processes. To be on the safe side, you should back up your files. Save your files, photos, videos, and documents in an extra drive or to the cloud. You should also save your software product keys.
How to Wipe a Windows Hard Drive
This method will allow you to wipe your PC computer by doing a reset.
- Click on the Start button. This is the button located in the bottom left corner of your screen with the Windows logo.
- Go to Settings.
- In the Settings panel, go to Update and Security.
- Then select Recovery from the left sidebar.
- Next, select Get Started under Reset this PC.
- Select Remove Everything from the pop-up. If you choose this option, your hard drive will be cleaned of all files, programs, and settings.
- Then select “Just remove my files” to verify the command. Note: This process will not remove your Windows operating system. If you select the “Remove my files and clean my drive” option, you will be removing the OS as well.
- Finally, select Reset. This will begin the process of wiping your hard drive. When this process is completed, you will be able to log into your Windows computer as a new user.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande