All creators on Facebook can now use Meta’s professional mode to make some extra cash. Meta announced the global expansion of professional mode(opens in a new tab) on Monday, Oct. 31, a product it began testing with select creators nearly a year ago, in December 2021. Now, anyone can use it. How to turn on professional mode on Facebook.
This comes at a time in which Meta appears to be doubling down in its investment in its creator user base — by the end of 2022 it plans to(opens in a new tab) “invest over $1 billion in programs that give creators new ways to earn money for the content they create on Facebook and Instagram.” The company might be looking for loyalty as it sets its sights on the metaverse, which is in dire need of creator support(opens in a new tab).
What is professional mode?
Professional mode is, in its most basic sense, a page for individual creators. It’s similar to making your Instagram account a professional one instead of a personal or business account.
“If you would like to build a public presence to represent your personal brand using your Facebook profile where you connect with friends and family, professional mode is the way to go,” Facebook wrote in a blog post(opens in a new tab). “If you would like to create a public presence for a business, product or for yourself that’s separate from your personal profile, we suggest you create a Page.”
Professional mode on Facebook is designed for creators to maintain their personal page while also building a public presence on the app. In line with Pages, this allows creators the ability to build their presence on Facebook with a separate profile. Once you turn professional mode on, you can use more monetization and analytics tools.
How to turn on professional mode
Here’s how you can turn on professional mode:
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Below your profile header, click or tap the menu button (…) on the right side.
- Click or tap Turn on professional mode.
- To confirm, click or tap Turn on and complete the flow.
How to turn off professional mode
If you don’t want to use professional mode on your profile, you can turn it off. If you turn off professional mode:
- Your current friends, followers and profile content won’t change.
- Your Who can follow me preference remains Public, but you can change it in Settings.
- Your privacy settings won’t change.
- You can turn on professional mode anytime.
After you turn off professional mode, you can expect the following changes:
- Your existing content or audience insights won’t be available anymore.
- You’ll lose access to enhanced safety features such as Moderation Assist.
- You’ll no longer be eligible for discovery opportunities on Facebook.
- If you’re eligible for monetization, you’ll receive pending payouts or bonuses, but future bonuses / payouts will be paused.
Here’s how to turn off professional mode:
- Go to your profile on Facebook.
- Below your profile header, click or tap the menu button (…).
- Click or tap Turn off professional mode and complete the steps.
Silva, Christianna. “Facebook Made Professional Mode Accessible for Everyone. Here’s How to Use It.” Mashable. Mashable, November 2, 2022. https://mashable.com/article/facebook-professional-mode.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande