How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat History on iOS device. Meta, in a recent announcement, made it easier for WhatsApp users to transfer their chat history from an old phone to new phone without the use of any backup or cloud services. WhatsApp now allows Android as well as iOS users to transfer their chat history, along with media attachments, between phone running on the same OS. While the instant messaging service already had an option for transfer of chat history, it needed either backing up the chat history on storage or uploading it to the cloud.
WhatsApp’s new chat transfer feature, using QR code, lets users transfer most chat information like messages, and media files including documents, links and videos. However, users will not be able to transfer details on peer-to-peer payment messages and call history.
Here is How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat History on iOS device
- Open WhatsApp on old iPhone and go to Settings > Chats > Transfer Chats to iPhone > Start.
- On the new phone, install WhatsApp and register using your phone number.
- Now select Continue on Transfer chat history to iPhone.
- Using the camera on your old phone, scan the QR code shown on your new device.
- Once the transfer completes, setup your profile on the new device.