This article explains how to use Yahoo Mail on your iPhone. The instructions apply to iOS 10 and later.
How to Get Yahoo Mail on Your iPhone
Use the settings on your phone to add a Yahoo Mail email account to the Mail app.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Mail > Accounts.
- Choose Add Account > Yahoo.
- Enter your Yahoo email address, then choose Next.
- Enter the password for your Yahoo email account, then choose Sign in.
- Turn on the Mail toggle switch.
- Optionally, enable other items you want to sync, such as Contacts or Calendar events.
- Select Save. Your Yahoo email account will begin syncing with your iPhone.
Yahoo Mail Email Server Settings
The directions listed above don’t require you to make changes to the email server settings the phone uses to access Yahoo Mail because you logged in directly from the web. However, you may need the server settings for Yahoo to set up your email account manually if the directions above don’t work.
If your Yahoo emails don’t download to your iPhone, make sure the phone is using the correct Yahoo Mail POP server settings. You can also use IMAP, in which case you’ll use the Yahoo Mail IMAP server settings.
Use the Yahoo Mail App
An alternative method to viewing and sending Yahoo emails on your phone is to download the Yahoo Mail app. This is the official app from Yahoo that has features you won’t find in the built-in Mail app for iPhone.
In addition to reading and replying to emails, you can use the Yahoo Mail app to:
- Clip and save coupons.
- View flight details and check in for flights.
- Get notifications from people only, not newsletters or companies.
- Use animated photos and professionally designed stationery.
- Connect to Google Drive and Dropbox to send attachments.
The free Yahoo Mail app is ad-supported. The Yahoo Mail Pro subscription does not contain ads.