In 2016, MTN Uganda partnered with Kenya’s Safaricom to power cross-border regional Mobile money transfers. Since then, MTN Uganda mobile users have been able to send money to Safaricom’s M-Pesa customers and vice versa. How to Send money from MTN Uganda to M-Pesa
You too can now send MTN Mobile Money to your loved ones on Safaricom’s M-Pesa in Kenya with ease.
Here is what you need to send MTN MoMo to your friend on Safaricom’s M-Pesa
- A registered MTN Uganda sim card
- Mobile Money account (MoMo User)
- You need to have money on your MoMo account
- A correct recipient number registered on M-Pesa.
How to send money from MTN Uganda to M-pesa
- Dial *165#
- Choose Option 1 (Send Money) & continue
- You select Option 2 (East Africa)
- Select Option 1 (Safaricom M-Pesa)
- Enter the recipient Number with the country code in the format 254XXX
- Confirm sending details, enter the PIN, and send.
Transfer charges from MTN Uganda Mobile money to M-pesa
|Amount of money (UGX) to send||Sending Charges|
|500 – 2500||1,000|
|2501 – 5000||1,150|
|5001 – 15,000||1,400|
|30,001 – 45,000||1,950|
|45,001 – 60,000||2,250|
|60,001 – 125,000||3,200|
|125,001 – 250,000||5,000|
|250,001 – 500,000||9,050|
|500,001 – 1,000,000||17,200|
|1,000,001 – 2,000,000||33, 450|
|2,000,001 – 4,000,000||55,900|
|4,000,001 – 7,000,000||61,100|
Daily transaction limit: UGX 7,000,000
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande