Forgetting a password for an important account like iTax happens to anyone given that you only use it once in a year when filing your tax returns. How to Reset your iTax Password.
When you forget your password take it easy now that we have you covered through this guide that will see your problem sorted.
Procedure for Resetting Your Kra Pin Password
- Access the KRA pin portal (https://itax.kra.go.ke).
- Where it is written “Enter PIN/User ID” key in your KRA pin and click continue.
- A box for entering your password appears. You will not use this since you do not have a password. Further down below the security stamp, locate the option “Forgot Password/Unlock Account” and click on it.
- A new window appears with your pin and security stamp. Perform the simple math and enter the solution in the provided box. If you want different math (captcha), you can refresh by clicking on the two provided arrows.
- Click on submit and you will get a confirmation message that your reset credentials have been sent to your email. Click on the back button.
- Open your email (you can add another tab) and check for an email from admin.itax2. It will have a message, “Your KRA Web Portal account password has been reset. Your login id and new password are:”
- Go back to iTax portal and enter your pin and the provided password which has to be typed as it is.
- A new window opens where you enter the old pin. This is the reset password mailed to you. Type it and enter a new password that you will be using. Type the new password twice.
- Choose a security question and provide your answer. You will not require it after this.
- Accept the policy and policy guidelines and then click submit.
- Your iTax portal opens automatically, and in case it takes you to log in window, just log in with the password you have created.
What If I Can’t Access My Email?
There are instances where you cannot access your email, or you do not know the email that was used. The best solution is to create a new email if you do not have a working one. Then go to the nearest tax station or Huduma center. The assisting person will access you portal and change the existing email to the one you want. Then a reset email will be sent to your working email or the email you will provide.
What If I Do Not Know My Pin Number?
The same case happens to persons who have forgotten their KRA pin. You have to go to your nearest tax station or visit any Huduma center and remember to carry your original identification document. Using your identification number, the assistant will be able to access your pin. Update the pin on iTax if it is not. If updated and you do not have access to the email used, you should provide one that you can be able to access.
Another option is to scan a copy of your colored National ID – both sides and send it via email to KRA email address email@example.com with the subject KRA pin. Draft a short message informing them you are requesting for your forgotten pin.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande