How to Locate your SmartTag using SmartThings Find. SmartTags can be attached your valuables so that you can easily find them when you need them the most. SmartTags communicate with your Galaxy smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and have a maximum connection range of 120 metres.
If your SmartTag is outside of this range, you can still locate it using offline finding in SmartThings Find. SmartThings Find uses other users Galaxy devices, in the Galaxy Find Network, to help you locate your SmartTag, making sure that your valuables can be found no matter where they are.
If you can’t find your SmartTag, there are a few ways that you can locate it using the SmartThings app.
- Open the SmartThings app on your connected device and go into SmartThings Find
- Tap the menu icon. The menu icon appears as three horizontal lines
- Tap All devices
- Tap on the SmartTag you want to locate
- Tap Go to map. If your SmartTag can be detected, the approximate location will be shown
If you are still unable to find your SmartTag, there are a few options that you can use to help.
- Search nearby: once you tap Search nearby, your phone will start searching for your SmartTag. Once found, you will be shown the strength of the SmartTag’s signal. The green area will get bigger the closer you are to the SmartTag as the signal will get stronger.
- Navigate: if your SmartTag appears on the map but you are unsure how to reach it, tap Navigate. This will show your SmartTag’s location on Google Maps so that you can navigate to it using GPS.
- Ring: tap the Ring button to make the SmartTag ring. Your SmartTag will ring continuously until you tap Stop. This helps you to find your SmartTag if you know it’s close but need a little extra help. You can increase the ring volume of your SmartTag by selecting it in the SmartThings app. You can choose between low, medium, and high volumes.