LogMeIn is a program that lets you take control of another computer from anywhere in the world. How to Install LogMeIn on Your Computer. With this tool, you can easily access all the important files on your work computer when you’re at home or on vacation. It’s also used by tech professionals to help you fix problems with your computer remotely. Here’s how to install and use LogMeIn to access another computer.
How to Install LogMeIn on Your Computer
To install LogMeIn on your computer, go to the LogMeIn website and click Start for Free. Then enter your information and click Start My 14-Day Free Trial. Next, click Download & Install Software and open the installer.
Note: LogMeIn works on computers running Windows 7 or newer, Windows Server 2008R2 or newer, and macOS Sierra or newer. It doesn’t support Linux, Chromebook, or Windows RT.
- Go to the LogMeIn website. You can find this website by going to www.logmein.com.
- Then click Start for Free. You will see this in the top-right corner of the browser window next to Log In. If you already have an account, you can log in instead.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Then select Pro and click Start My 14-Day Free Trial.
- Next, click Download & Install Software.
- If prompted, choose where you want the installer to be downloaded.
- Open the folder you placed your downloaded installer in. If you didn’t choose a location, check your Downloads folder or your desktop.
- Run the installer. You can do this by double-clicking the downloaded file.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to install LogMeIn. Once the installation is complete, the LogMeIn Client window and the LogMeIn Control Panel will open. Note: If you are using a Mac, you will have to follow additional on-screen instructions to allow LogMeIn to access your computer in System Preferences.
- Next, click the Log Me In button in the Client window. This is the smaller window on the left.
- Finally, enter your username and password to sign in. In order to access another computer remotely, LogMeIn must be running on your computer and the other computer you want to control. Here’s how you can install LogMeIn on another computer or tell someone else to install it on their computer remotely: