LogMeIn is a program that lets you take control of another computer from anywhere in the world. How to Install LogMeIn on Another Computer. With this tool, you can easily access all the important files on your work computer when you’re at home or on vacation. It’s also used by tech professionals to help you fix problems with your computer remotely. Here’s how to install and use LogMeIn to access another computer.
How to Install LogMeIn on Another Computer
To install LogMeIn on another computer, open the LogMeIn Client app and click Add Computer. Then click Copy to clipboard and send the link in an email. The other user will have to click the link and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the LogMeIn Client app on your computer and sign in. Make sure you open the LogMeIn Client app, not the LogMeIn Control Panel app.
- Then click Add Computer. You will see this at the bottom of the window.
- Next, click Copy to clipboard.
- Then paste the link in an email and send it to the user you want to access remotely. You can also paste the link in a text message or any other way you want to share it with the other user. Note: To paste a link on a Windows computer, hit the Ctrl + V keys on your keyboard at the same time. If you are using a Mac, hit the Command + V keys on your keyboard at the same time. You can also right-click and select Paste from the pop-up menu.
- Open the link on the other computer. If you sent the link by email, the other user will have to open the email from another computer and click the links. This will open a new browser tab.
- Tick the box next to I have received this link from a trusted source.
- Then click Continue. A screen will then pop up with instructions on how to download and install LogMeIn.
- Next, click Download Now.
- If prompted, choose a location to download the installer.
- Open the folder with the downloaded installer and run it.
- Once the installation is complete, log in or sign up in the Client window. Now that you have the LogMeIn app installed on both computers, you can access and control the other computer remotely.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande