1. Go to the KRA iTax website https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
2. Log in to the iTax portal with your KRA PIN and password
3. Scroll to the navigation bar and select Returns. Scroll downwards and click on file returns.
4. A page containing the different types of taxes to be paid will be displayed. Select the right tax obligation applicable to you then click on next.
5. Your applicable tax form will open, based on the tax obligation you selected in the previous step.
6. The tax form displayed contains detailed instructions and will guide you through the filling process.
7. The page with instructions will open up with links to download the tax form in Excel and ODS format. Download the template and open it or save it on your device.
8. Correctly fill in the required information on the downloaded form and save the document.
9. Enable macros to validate and zip your file.
10. Go back to the iTax file returns page and select the period for which you are filing the tax returns.
11. Upload the file (zip file), agree on the terms and conditions.
12. Click on submit. A pop-up message will appear to confirm whether you want to upload the form. Click ok.
13. A message will be generated confirming whether your return has been successfully submitted.