To watch TV shows and offline at any time, download them from the Netflix app. How to download Netflix titles to watch offline. Learn more about finding, downloading, and watching downloaded TV shows and movies below.
To download from Netflix, you need the latest version of the Netflix app on one of these devices:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later
- Android phone or tablet running Android 4.4.2 or later
- Amazon Fire tablet running Fire OS 4.0 or later
- Windows 10 (version 1607 or later) or Windows 11 tablet or computer
- Select Chromebook and Chromebox models
Find and download a TV show or movie
Tap on any TV show or movie and look for the Downloads icon to see whether it can be downloaded, or filter by what is available for download. Not all titles are available for download.
- Open the Netflix app and tap Downloads.
- On a device running Windows 10 or Windows 11, open the Netflix app and select Menu .
- Select See What You Can Download, Find Something to Download, Find More to Download, or Available for Download, depending on your device.
- Select a TV show or movie.
- From the description page, tap Download.
- For TV shows, Download will appear next to each available episode. Android users will also see a Download Season option to download all episodes in the selected season.
- To save on data usage, download over Wi-Fi.
You can have up to 100 active downloads at a time per device on as many devices included in your membership plan.
Watch downloaded TV shows and movies
To make sure you always have access to your downloads, we recommend remaining signed in to the Netflix app.
- Sign in to the Netflix app and select Downloads.
- On a device running Windows 10 or Windows 11, open the Netflix app and select Menu , then My Downloads.
- Find the title you want to watch and select Play .
- For TV shows, select a show, then tap Play next to the episode you want to watch.
Downloaded TV shows and movies are available on the device that was used to download them and can be viewed from any profile in your account. Downloads will expire after a period of time, and some have a limit on how many times they can be downloaded per year. Once you’re done watching, delete downloads from your device.
Kids profiles may not be able to view all downloaded TV shows and movies based on the maturity rating of the title.
If you cancel your account, TV shows and movies you’ve downloaded will be deleted from your device. You will need to download them again if you rejoin in the future.