This article explains How to create a WhatsApp Channel on iPhone. Create a channel to share updates and connect with your followers directly through WhatsApp. You’ll need a WhatsApp account to get started, if you don’t have one learn how to get one here. If you have a WhatsApp account, make sure it’s updated to the latest version.
To add more security to your channel, turn on two-step verification for the WhatsApp account creating your channel and on the accounts of any admins.
Create a channel
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, and go to the Updates tab.
- Tap the Plus, and select Create Channel.
- Add a channel name to finish creating your channel. You can choose to change the name again at any time.
- Customize your channel: You can choose to customize your channel now by adding a description and icon or wait until later.
- Add a channel description: Write a few words to help potential followers understand what your channel is about.
- Add a channel icon: Add an image from your phone or the web to stand out.
- Tap Create Channel, and you’re done!
Now that you’re all set up with a channel, learn how to share your first update here. You can find and share a link to your channel from the channel info page.
To get to your channel info page:
- Open Channels by clicking the Channels icon.
- Click your channel, and then your channel name.
- Click Copy link.
To get help with your channel, reach out to support: WhatsApp Settings > Help > Contact us.