This article explains how to change your Skype name. Instructions apply to all Skype platforms, including Skype for Windows and Mac, Skype on the web, and the Skype mobile app.
What to Know
- To change name in app, select Skype profile image\name > Skype Profile > Edit (Pencil) > Enter new name > Enter.
- To change on mobile, tap profile image > Skype profile > Pencil > enter new name > tap checkmark.
- To change on the web, log into Skype.com > select your name > My Account > Edit profile > Edit profile > enter new name > Save.
How to Change Your Skype Display Name on Windows and Mac
Here’s how to change your Skype display name:
- Launch the Skype app.
- Select your Skype profile image or display name, both of which are in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Select Skype Profile.
- Select the Edit Pencil icon and type a new name.
- Press Enter or select the checkmark on the right side of the text box.
How to Change Your Skype Display Name on Mobile
Changing your Skype name on smartphones is straightforward.
- Open the Skype app.
- Tap your Skype profile image at the top.
- Tap your Skype profile, then tap the pencil icon next to your display name.
- Make the necessary changes and then tap the checkmark to save.
How to Change Your Skype Username on the Web
Change your Skype username on the web in a similar way.
- Log in to Skype.com.
- Select your name in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select My Account.
- Scroll down to Settings and preferences and click Edit profile.
- Click Edit Profile again and then input your new username.
- Select Save, near the upper-right corner of the page.