This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to authorise an additional user to your Google Play developer account via in the Google Play developer console. An authorised user can be helpful if you want to give other people access to your android apps to publish android apps:
– Your main Google Play developer account has access to multiple developer teams.
– You don’t feel comfortable sharing your main Google Play developer credentials in our system.
– You’re having trouble validating your Google Play developer credentials in our system.
Authorising a new user to your existing Google Play developer account is free. After completing the steps in this document you will have a new (additional) Google account which can be used to access your existing Google Play developer console.
How to add an additional user to your Google Play developer account.
- Logout of all Google services.
- Navigate to https://gmail.com and register a new Gmail account. (e.g.: YourAppNamefirstname.lastname@example.org)
- During the account registration, you’ll be asked to add login verification to the account. Make sure to only add a recovery phone number here. Do not turn on two-step login verification.
- After successfully registering a new Gmail account, logout of Google.
- Navigate to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/ and login with your existing Google developer account.
Note: If you’re asked to register as a Google Play developer, please restart from step 3.
- After logging in to the Google Play developer console, go to Settings -> Users & permissions.
- Click the “Invite new user” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- When prompted for an email address, enter the email address you’ve created in step 2, and give the user Administrator rights.
- Logout of the Google Play developer console.
- Navigate to https://gmail.com and login with the new account created in step 2.
- Open and accept the invitation mail you’ve sent yourself in step 7.
After completing the steps above, you’ve created a new user in your Google Play console. You will be able to use the email address and password of this new user to publish your apps in AppMachine.