This article explains how to access your AOL Mail email messages from a third-party email client, such as Windows Mail. Instructions cover syncing AOL Mail with Windows 10 Mail and the Mail app in Windows 8.
Access an AOL Email Account With Windows 10 Mail
To use AOL Mail on your Windows device:
- Open Mail and select Settings (the gear icon) in the lower-left corner.
- Select Manage accounts.
- Select Add account. The Choose an Account box pops up.
- Select Other account from the list of options.
- Type your AOL Mail email address into the first field and then fill out the rest of the page with your name and the password for the account.
- Select Sign in.
- Select Done. You’re now able to use the menu button in the upper-left corner of Mail to switch between your email accounts and access AOL Mail through Windows 10 Mail.
More on Windows 10 Mail
Mail is the default, built-in email program in Windows 10 and Windows 8; it’s dubbed Windows Mail in Windows Vista. Mail allows you to access different email accounts, such as your AOL Mail account, in one centralized place.
Windows 10 Mail automatically supports any email account that supports POP or IMAP, so it’s easy to sync it with AOL Mail.
Access an AOL Email Account With Mail in Win 8
Here’s how to use AOL Mail in older versions of Windows:
- Open the Mail app and press the WIN+C keyboard combination.
- Select Settings from the menu that shows to the right of the screen.
- Choose Accounts.
- Select Add an account.
- Choose AOL from the list.
- Type your AOL email address and password in the fields provided.
- Select the Connect button to add the AOL email account to the Mail app.If you don’t see any messages, you may not have any recent emails on that account. Mail will give you an option such as: “No messages from the last month. To get older messages, go to Settings.” Select that link to go to Settings, and then under the Download email from section, choose Any time.